SnApPeD

"Sometimes following your heart means losing your mind..."

- tumblr

[unedited]

Chapter V

Black attire covered me head to toe, making me as dark as the night. It was like camoflaug; blending in with the blackness of my mind, hiding me from the eyes of the sane.

My nimble fingers instructively pick and cut at the wires inside of another electrical box, my clenched teeth straining a grip onto my knife.

I had method and technique to my work. It wasn't about cutting up a bunch of wires until it was set to fire. It was about picking the right wires, because if you did that, you had a better outcome.

So then it came to the last part of my work, which was definitely my most favorite part. I take the thick wire in my hand, and slice it in half with my knife, then quickly jump from the roof and grip onto an electrical wire for a better way down.

There was a woosh behind me, and then a somber glow. Soon the whole town was lit from the burning house, filled with screaming people and shrieking fire alarms. Horns blare, sirens sing, and I run through the night, fast and slick; blending into the dark.

My sleek, black hair brushes across my face from the wind as I turn around to catch a glimpse of my work. The green house was engulfed with flames as their neighbors flood outside and call the police. Yes, such a thrill. If only I could stay and watch.

x/#! Dear Kate, where have you gone? It's been so long since you've been around.

Your mind has corrupted, your eyes now red; you slip into the night, you never go to bed.

Is insanity contagious? Or is it just a normal rage? I'm afraid it's here forever; it's not a simple stage.

You fell in love, and never fell back out. You have no feelings inside your head; you're filling us with doubt.

I'm afraid now that you're too far gone, your sanity now wrapped.

We'd never thought you'd leave this way, because now you've finally SnApPeD. !#%/

~* THIRD PERSON POV *~

Snow was lightly falling from the dark sky, visible under the light of the street lamps trailing the sidewalks. Each flake packed down onto the earlier snow, continuing to rise into the unearthly silence. The only thing that you could here outside was sirens squealing in the distance, and the evenly spaced sheer of a knife being sharpened on an old piece of metal.

It was coming from inside a run-down apartment complex, one that hadn't been running in years.

Each window was dark, except for one at the very top of the building, where feeble light was glowing, and inside sat a woman, knives all around her as she cleaned and sharpened them all.

And then a man enters, his heavy footsteps tediously dragging against the floor as he makes his way to her. Blood was splashed upon his clothing in a messy, disorderly fashion, indicating a struggle to the obvious win. He was a strong man.

He sets two knives down beside her on the floor, both covered in thick blood and other grim. She begins to wipe them off when a little towel, until he stops her.

He makes her rise up to him, and he takes her close to his chest, running a bloody finger across her cheek in admiration. Her crimson eyes flutter closed as her black-lipsticked smile meets his menacing one, and she wraps both arms around his neck as he carries her to the bed, and climbs on top of her.