Part 10

Jake had practice today so I planned to take a bus back home. When I was waiting for my bus to arrive a bike which I saw last night came and stood beside me.

Damon removed his helmet and said "Want a ride nerd?" I looked at him and said "A ride with you, not happening. I don't want to die and atleast not with you." I kept looking at him, he looked more handsome when he is on bike.

He said "Stop checking me out nerd, anyways what is your eye color? Is it green or blue? It is difficult to guess." By the time I could answer bus has arrived and I went and sat inside and waved at him.

He just chuckled and waved back. I texted Caleb on the way back "Need information on Damon Hilton. New guy in school and lost to him last night." Minutes later he replied back "On it boss. Are you coming today evening for John's race?"

I texted back "Not sure parents are back in town. Something seems fishy between those two, so maybe will be having family night." He send back an "Okay." I plugged my earphones on and listen to music until my stop comes.

At home I saw mom reading a magazine and dad was not around, I asked her "Where is dad?" She said "He went to buy ice cream. I was craving strawberry ice cream but we only had Cookie and cream and choco chips. You two have not changed at all in all these years. You know your mother loved choco chips ice cream a lot, it was the last thing she ate before operation."

I nodded and said "Thank you mom for always remembering her and thanks for telling me about her. I wish some day Jake also talks about his dad. I know you want to tell him atleast once who his father was or how he was."

She said sadly "He would never ask I am sure about it, he hates that man and for him..." Before she could say anything dad came back and said "Your strawberry ice cream is here." He looked at me and continued "When did you get back?" I replied "Just now, what did you two do the whole day?"

He replied "Unpacked, where is Jake?" I replied "After school football practice. He will come back in an hour." He nodded and I went up to freshen up.

After about an hour or so I came down to see Dad and Jake watching football match on television and mom doing something in kitchen. As soon as I came down I went into the kitchen to help mom. She saw me and said "Food will be ready in few minutes, Maya finish cooking it and set the table. Tessa come out your dad and I need to talk to you two."

I nodded and followed her out where dad and Jake were sitting. Dad saw us and turned television off and said "Jake, Tessa we will not beat around the bush and come to the point. Your mom.." Before he could complete I interrupted him and said "If you guys are planning to get divorce we will never support you, we will leave both of you."

All three of them looked at me in shock and said simultaneously "Divorce?" Dad continued "Why will we think about divorce specially now that she is pregnant."

Jake and I say this time simultaneously "Pregnant?" The shock was clearly evident on both our faces mom replied this time "I am three and a half month pregnant, this is why we came back. We know that we have always left you two on your own but we promise this time we will stay and take care of your little brother or sister."

Jake asked dad "What about your work then?" Dad replied "It is going smoothly and I have hired a man for each county to look after the business in that country and keep me updated. I promise that our stay will not affect your privacy. We will give you the same privacy you had before us coming back and Jake I know you bike race we will not object it unless and until it is not safe."

Jake and I looked at each other and Jake replied "Thank you dad it is safe and Tessa always goes with me for all my matches you can ask her about it. We are really happy for you two." I nodded and replied "Yes dad unless and until you guys are not separating we will always support you."

Dad face palmed and asked "Where did divorce come from anyways? Why would we separate?" I rubbed my forehead casually and said "Actually last night I heard you guys fighting and mom saying that she will leave you, that's why and I heard noise of something breaking so I assumed someone threw something on someone."

Dad and mom laughed and Jake gave me a puzzled look and mom said "I was craving chicken and he did not allow me to eat it as I had upset stomach that's why I was pissed at him and being pregnant just increased my anger. And about something been thrown your dad being clumsy just broke a glass while turning off the lights."

I just laughed and hugged her and said "If you need any help, I am always here." She hugged me back and said "Thank you for supporting us, we thought you will be angry. Come now lets eat." We nodded and followed her to dining room.

After dinner both of them called it a night and Jake and I changed and went out to see our friends and support John in his race today.