Chapter 19

Deep, Deep Down.

🔥🌹✨🔥✨🌹🔥

Days turns into weeks,
Weeks turns into months.

It's been roughly 4 months after what happened, time flies even when you breathe and blink. Ever since then, Melody been more duller and emptier. Her eyes doesn't have any sparkle or colour in them like they used to be. If Sin dare say it; she looks like how she did when she was looking after Charlie when she was a baby. Her eyes are so dull you'd think it's a doll. It's enough that Melody already looks like a doll herself, alive and dead.

Melody leans on the balcony railings as she dully stares down at her smartphone in hand; eyes piercing and burning holes on the screen that displays the date of the day. Two more months and the next extermination would happen before you even notice it. Not that she really cares, she can't die from them. Her soul is locked in Lucifer's grip, she can't escape and go anywhere even if she tries to; but she can get hurt and pass out due to loss of blood if she ever crossed paths with one of those extermination angels.

It's like one of those days again. Where she lost all of her wits and will to continue on living; the lingering depression slowly creeping up her back and slowly eating away on her brain. Finally, she presses the off button of her smartphone as she shoves it inside her jacket. Despite what happened, Vaggie still stayed around to help the hotel. She had basically accept the fact that Charlie had moved on and so should her.

Akira is basically a shadow to Melody, he's all over the place but now she just doesn't get a reaction from his desperate pathetic ass. If Melody dare say; this hotel is falling apart. Angel would sneak out with Sin more often despite being threatened by Alastor. Even though Melody should do something- she couldn't. She would just catch Angel red handed but instead of lecturing him like she always does; she just blinks and walks away.

"Greetings, dear." Alastor's voice wakes Melody up from her endless thoughts, but she didn't even flinch or jump. Instead she slowly look at him with a stoic face, she looks so dead. She doesn't answer him as she turns her attention back to the tall buildings of hell. "I heard that the king is coming today, have you heard? Don't you think it's a good opportunity for me to meet him?" His ecstatic voice boomed only to be greeted with silence of the wind.

"That's good." She replies, her voice monotone. Alastor's smile that always shows his rows of teeth flats but he still smiles. It's quiet for a few seconds before he turns to look at her; eyes dull, mind is everywhere, the wind blowing her hair doesn't bother her. She looks.. pathetic.

"Dear, is there something the matter?" He asks, Melody doesn't answer. Her eyes watching the sinners down below walk around, chase and even beating each other up if she may add.

"How could I tell someone what's wrong if I don't know what's wrong myself?" Melody answers as her eyes turns lidded as she glances at Alastor which looks more like a glare instead. Alastor hums,

"Well that's a good question! Hm, I don't think I can even answer that myself!" He chuckles as he turns and looks at what Melody been watching. A minute or two passed, Alastor was about to open his mouth to say something but Melody backs away from the balcony and walks off. He watch as she walks away to notice that a limo had parked in front of the hotel, Lucifer is here.

The demon smiles widely as he walks away from the balcony himself and down the lobby. When he arrives down, Melody is standing beside Lilith as the taller demon is whispering something into her ear while giggling. The girl only smiles a fake smile as she nods at the queen.

"Dad, Mom!" Charlie calls out her parents, the two looks at their one and only daughter with their signature smiles on their faces.

"Yes, my poison bug?" Lucifer replies, Charlie smiles as she wraps her arms around Alastor's. The demon's smile almost falls off his face,