Chapter Fourteen

Robo-Dog found a strip of land that had nothing but grass. He parked the Air- Patroller there and turned on camouflage mode. He opened the doors to the Air-Patroller and Ryder got out followed by the pups.

Ryder looked around and realized that they were in a field a mile or so away from the nearest road. They walked around the field for about 10 minutes when Ryder called them back. When they got back into the plane, Ryder started to speak. "Okay, pups," he said, "we're gonna rest for till dawn, and then we will find a way to get Chase and Marshall back with us."

Nobody wanted to wait till morning to look for them, but they decided it would be best if they had all their strengths because they were all tired. They fell asleep on the couches where they were sitting. Ryder stayed awake until they all fell asleep. Once they did, he started to work on a way to contact Chase and Marshall if they were together. He didn't want to tell others because he didn't want to give them false hopes just in case it does not work. He thought about what he could do. He could try getting in contact with Marshall's pup tag. After a couple of minutes, he heard someone walking around. He turned around to see Skye and Everest getting up.

"Skye. Everest," said Ryder. "I didn't notice you two getting up."

"Yeah, we just wanted to know what you were doing and if we can help," said Skye.

Ryder sighed. He didn't want them to get worried or excited and risk it getting in the way of their mission. But on the other hand, he could use some help. "Okay," he finally replied, "But you have to promise me that you won't tell anyone."

"We promise," said Everest.

"Okay, well I'm trying to get in contact with Marshall's pup tag. But there has been some interference. I'm trying to get through it but I've had no luck so far."

"Wait, so you can contact Marshall?" asked Everest.

"That is the plan. If what we believe is true that these men are behind Chase's disappearance as well, he might be there with him. We can contact them both."

Evervest and Skye couldn't believe what they were hearing. They had many questions, but the questions to wait. Right now, they had to help as much as possible.

"Ryder, how can we help?" asked Skye.

Ryder held up an antenna. Connected to the antenna was a long cord. "Skye, I'm gonna need you to take this antenna and fly up to this highest branch you can. This antenna will help me get some signal. I might be able to contact them through my computer."

Skye obeyed, Ryder opened a window and Skye flew out of it with the antenna in her mouth. She flew straight up until the cord started to pull back and she placed it on the nearest branch. She flew back down and went inside. When she got inside, Ryder started typing on his computer. All they could hear was static but they kept trying. After about twenty minutes, they were about to stop when they started to hear some voices through the static. Ryder was able to make the voices clear.

"Ryder, what is that?" asked Everest.

"I don't know, but I think this is the interference," he replied.

"It is time, Your Majesty," a male voice said through the computer. Ryder put the volume down a bit so then the others won't wake up. The voice continued. "We are ready for your command to launch an attack on Adventure Bay and multiple other cities."

Ryder and the pups were shocked by what they were hearing.

A voice laughed, who they guessed one the man referred to as Your Majesty. "Excellent, soon all of that will belong to me, King Jason. I will give my command once I eat because I'm starving. Once I'm done, we will launch the attacks and continue spreading the Puissance Empire."