On A Hazy Day- Chapter 9

Hey guys, sorry for not uploading twice on Friday...or not yesterday...

I was going to... but then my netbook still isn't connecting to the internet :( But you know what, THANK GOD FOR THE CREATION OF USB STICKS. THEY ARE SO HELPFUL. And I've gotten a cold, and I would have written some more, but then I had a headache and couldn't think straight. And then being dragged to some parties.. meh, they were okay, food is always good but the non-stop sneezing...bleh! Anyways, I'm hoping you guys are having a great winter break so far (If you have one right now).

Thanks to @katanadanser, @peanutty11,  @hannahitotsu, @AmethystAmbition, @allie130 & @randompenguinali for reading/supporting 'till the end/ Love you guys :)

Don't be afraid to critique... I need all the help that I can get ;D

And if you have some suggestions, please feel free to tell me them, I might use them, I might not, I might add them in subtly ;) Anyways, happy reading :)

xoxo,

Carole

Chapter 9- “Cause your voice was the soundtrack of my summer…”

The party was wild. My mother always knew how to throw parties. And boy, did she throw them well.

 It had been half an hour since I saw both Alex and Jake. I don’t know why, but for some reason, I felt that there was something Jake knew about that I didn’t know. And that perhaps, it was about Alex. I scanned the crowd for what felt was the millionth time, but with no luck. I saw a tug on my shirt and looked down.

“You’re Luke, right?” It was Lauren. She asked me with big eyes.

“Yep, what’s wrong?” I asked, crouching down so that I could be at her level.

“I can’t seem to find Lexie, and I thought that you might know where she was.”  Her eyes looked watery.

“Um, I’m not so sure where she is at the moment, but I can go find her for you…” I said unsurely.

She grabbed my leg and hugged me, “Oh thank you!” And then she ran off to play with Connor or Chelsea.

I started walking around until it suddenly hit me.

I was so stupid.

She was probably outside or hiding… somewhere.

I saw a flash of red at the make-shift stage.

On stage was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen.

Her hair, fiery and red like flames curled and rested on her shoulders.

Her skin looked so clear; her hands looked so delicate as she held her acoustic guitar.

Her dress, black velvet with a white belt, clung to all the right places and showed her well defined legs.

I chuckled as I saw her feet.

Flip flops.

I swore she was wearing high heeled boots earlier. I guess she didn’t like them and ditched them somewhere.

As I neared her, I looked into her beautiful blue eyes that swirled with sadness.

Alex didn’t look at me once.

She closed her eyes and started playing her guitar.

“When I was younger, I always believed in happy endings.

I always thought that one day my knight in shining armour would come find me,

And help me escape from this cruel, cruel world.