On A Hazy Day- Chapter 7

***This is a special chapter containing secrets about the past ;)

Shoutouts to: randompenguinali  who comments all the time and always makes my day. :) You really motivate me to write more. :D

Thanks AmethystAmbition, Ilyrawr2 & peanutty11 for following the story all the way through ;D

Thanks to all the critiquers who actually responded. :)

I love you guys so much.

Yes, second upload in a day. :) After winterbreak, I might not be able to upload as frequently, especially since exams shall be coming up soon.

xoxo,

Carole

Chapter 8- The Best Days Ever

I grew up as a disappointment.

My father ignored me, thinking I was a disgrace because I was blind.

My mother tried to love me, but I knew she too was disappointed.

When I was two years old, I found my daddy's grand piano. It made such a delightful tinkling sound. I was scolded when they found me playing on it. But that might have been because I had sticky marmalade on my fingers.

I wanted lessons on how to play piano, or any instrument frankly enough, but my parents never believed in me. So I learned on my own. I bought the instruments with my own money, and I still have them today. If you handed me an instrument, I would learn how to play it in just a few minutes, that's how much I loved music. I expressed my feelings through them.

When I was three years old, I was introduced to another young boy. I had never really socialized with any other kids. And so I thought he was going to be like the rest of them.

 My mom tried getting me a guide dog, but then I'd set it free one too many times and ended up playing with it instead. And then she tried making me use one of those canes, but I'd end up stabbing people with it as I walked by (not literally). I didn't like feeling ostrosized because I was blind, so I ended up learning how to adapt. Every sound, smell, feeling was a clue. A hint to me. Life was just like a big mystery to me.

Now this little boy, you'd think he was going to run away screaming like all the other kids because of my different eyes.

But that's what surprised me.

He took my hand and said sweetly, "You have beautiful eyes."

Boy, was I wrong about him.

That was the day I fell in love with Jake.

13 years ago.

He made me laugh, made me smile. Jake was my everything.

When my daddy pushed me away and made me cry, I would run to Jake's house.

He would hug me close and I'd inhale his comforting scent, trying to sniffle away the tears.

"There is a video

I found from back when I was three

You set up a paint set in the kitchen

And you're talking to me

It's the age of princesses and pirate ships

And the seven dwarfs

Daddy's smart

And you're the prettiest lady in the whole wide world"

And that was why Taylor Swift was the story of my life.