Not who they thought 16

Chapter 16

Cassandra POV:

At the end of the night we went back at to the packhouse. I picked Aiden who had fallen asleep in the car carefully up and went inside only to find Gabriel sitting alone in the living room. He watched me with Aiden in my arms and some unknown emotion crossed his faces. I asked myself I one day I would find love. Someone who would hold me at night. I stopped dwelling on the thought and smiled to Gabriel while walking to the stairs. I went upstairs and put Aiden in bed luckily mom still had some old pajamas of Kyle and I had already changed Aiden.

I watched him sleep peacefully and kissed him slightly on the forehead. Walking back downstairs I noticed Gabriel still sitting in de living room and decided to talk a bit with him.

“Hey Gabriel.”

“Hey Cassie, how did it went with Kyle and your parents?” he asked.

“It went very well. My parents forgave him and they were adorable to see with Aiden, especially dad.” I smiled at the memory of my dad playing with Aiden.

“Ah yes, I forgot to tell you but the elders will be coming down this week.” I told him seeing as he is the alpha so.

“Oh okay, will they be needing places to sleep or are they only coming down for the day?”

“I think they will stay a bit longer, how long I don’t know.” I looked up at him and noticed that we sat quite close. His eyes locked on mine and it was as if there was a pulsation in the room that drove us together. I noticed that he was shifting in his place, clearly wondering what the hell was happening.

But the moment was broken when the boys walked in. Cameron was running towards me with Michael on his heels. Both were laughing loudly. They came and stood beside me. I heard violent cursing and then saw Parker looking at the twins that now were hiding behind me.

“You two are stupid if you think that little Cassie can hide you, nonetheless both of you.” Parker said while narrowing his eyes at the cowering twins behind me.

“What did you two do to Parker?” I asked them while turning myself so I was facing them? I looked back at Parker and only noticed now that he was completely soaked.

“Those two thought it would be funny to put a mint in my can of coke when I wasn’t watching and it sprayed everywhere.” I wouldn’t be so mad if they at least made a fucking good prank but this is just lame.”

I started laughing uncontrollably. I loved how they always pranked everybody no exceptions maybe they pranked the alpha less. At least they were almost always happy and running around laughing. Most of the time they really cheered up people with their jokes.

In the meantime people started flooding in the living room. I obviously knew a lot of them seeing as it were for both my old and new pack. We were holding the weekly pack meeting. I recognized Mark and Jenny in the crowd. ‘Note to myself: must talk a little more with Jenny.’ She looked almost as if she was dying just by being here. She was quite a beauty although I didn’t really think that she found herself beautiful. She was really shy but well respected seeing as she was the mate of the pack warrior. Dylan, Tom and Grace were talking in the corner of the room but when I looked at them they turned and smiled.

Kyle was sending at his beta place with an arm wrapped around Anna in a possessive why as saying that the first who would make a remark would be in deep shit. I had to admit they made a really lovely couple, the innocence of Anna mingled with the bad boy attitude of Kyle. Nonetheless I could feel their love almost across of the room. They cleared worked things out. It made my almost cry from happiness.