Not who they thought 7

Chapter 7

Cassandra POV:

The next morning I woke up with Aiden cuddled up in my side. I tried to leave the bed silently so he could continue to sleep since it was Saturday. I grabbed my clothes and went to take a shower when I heard my cell phone ring. It was a text from Lisa saying that she would be here in an hour.

I was excited at the thought that she would be here to help me and knowing that I could have some girl talk with her.

When I was done showering I decided to wear some white shorts and a red tank top so that I didn’t have to change anymore before training.

Skipping down the stairs I bumped into someone. I didn’t even have to look up to know that it was Gabriel since I felt the tingles threw my entire body. I gulped and watched him in the eyes seeing that they were completely yellow. His wolf was at the surface and even I had a difficulty to not take him right there.

I could feel his hold tighten and his arms wrap around my torso while he pulled me closer to him. His muscles were tensed from the closed proximity. I felt his defined chest, he must have a sixpack. He smelled a little woodsy and like citrus and something else. The scent drove my body completely crazy.

I tried to stay rational and kept chanting to myself that he rejected me and that I shouldn’t be enjoying this. But I just couldn’t move seeing as we’re mates and this should be the place where I should be. My wolf kept howling, saying that I should let him mark me. She wouldn’t stop whining about it now that I was in his arms.

Slowly I started thinking more reasonably and pushed him slightly away. I wanted so much to just slap him but since he is an alpha that wouldn’t be the best of ideas.

“I’m sorry Cassie, it’s the first time that we touch since you went away and I couldn’t control my wolf.” he said in a husky voice. I ran a hand through my hair and sighed, I was still dazzled by his touch but hell I couldn’t even be mad seeing as we bumped into each other.

“No worries, shit happens.” I told him while smiling to show him that it let me unaffected even though it affected me as much as him.

I was about to walk away when he continued talking.

“Do you think that one day you could forgive me? he asked in a whisper showing that he was nervous. I froze completely and didn’t know how to answer that. My wolf already forgave him but my human self was majorly hurt by the rejection.

“I don’t know Gabriel, we’ll have to see.”

“I’ll show you that I have changed and I’ll make you want me again. I’ll do everything to have you back.” he said.

To that I didn’t even know how to react so I just walked away without sparing him a glance.

While entering in the kitchen I saw Lisa sitting at the table.

“Hey babe, how is it going?” she asked while looking at the scowl that was on my face. I instantly started smiling thinking about the fact that I couldn’t hide anything from that girl.

“Good, good, especially since its Saturday and that means training.”

“Okay, but why were you scowling when you walked into the kitchen?” she’s much too perceptive.