Nineteen

The next morning, Tabari and Bowyn sat outside on their balcony eating their breakfast. Ambrose babbling and squealing as Bowyn bounced him up and down on his knee. Tabari could not help the wide smile that spread across his face as he watched his mate and son. Bowyn had taken a liking to the nicknames "Little Beast" and "Beastie" for Ambrose. He even made up a song to sing to the little boy as he bounced him on his knee.

"Stinky Beastie in a carriage. Rolling down the street. Little Beastie hits a bump. Making him bounce in his seat. Bump! Bump! Bump goes the little Beastie! Bump! Bump he goes! Bump! Bump! Bump! From his seat, he rose. Bump! Bump! Bump, oh his poor little rump!" 

Ambrose loved the song. Squealing and cooing as Bowyn sang the song to him. Oblivious to the fact that Bowyn's nicknames were meant to insult the little pup. 

Tabari turns back to his breakfast, taking a small bite. He felt so much better now that he had told Bowyn about his past. Even more so, that Bowyn had still accepted him even though he was used. The mark in the crook of his neck tingled with pleasurable sparks. He places his hand over the sensitive area, loving how he was now officially Bowyn's. 

Bowyn's eyes glow as he watches Tabari touch the mark. His mark tingled the more he watched his mate. 

Ambrose begins to whimper as Bowyn stops singing his song and bouncing his knee. His little cries knock Bowyn out of his trance, taking the pup into his arms and lifting him so he was settled on his chest. 

"What is wrong, Little Beast?"

Ambrose whines in response, his pink bottom lip jutting out and quivering the more he looked into his father's eyes. Bowyn smiles, blowing a raspberry on his chubby cheek. Ambrose's mood immediately lightens, giggling as he is tossed into the air. Bowyn catches him, delivering another raspberry to the boy's face. 

Tabari was nervous about what King Blake was planning. Especially if his mother was involved in planning. She was a conniving woman and needed to be stopped immediately. He was afraid for his family's lives. No one knew what Blake and Angelica were planning. Especially now that Efrem was dead. They had no way of knowing what to expect from the two psychotic wolves. All they could do at this point was prepare for war and make sure that the townspeople would be protected.

"Are you feeling alright, Tabari? You are looking a little pale." 

Tabari turns back to his mate, forcing a wide smile onto his face. 

"I am fine. Just a bit tired still."

Bowyn nods, not convinced in the least bit that Tabari was telling the truth. But he lets it go anyways, turning back to Ambrose. The little pup was yawning, rubbing his eyes with his little fists. 

"How about we go take a nap? The three of us. Since we are all so tired all of a sudden. I have to go to a meeting with my warriors to discuss what to do in order of an emergency. So I can only stay for a short while. "

"Of course. Let me get Ambrose into more comfortable clothing. I will meet you in bed." 

Tabari stands from his chair, taking his small pup into his arms and walking back inside. Bowyn remains seated, breathing in the crisp winter air. His head ached frequently with how much stress he was under. He feared that his kingdom would fall victim to King Blake.

Bowyn had contacted his friend Wilbur the day before. Wilbur was the King a small country off the coast of the Northern Isle's ocean. Bowyn had requested that Wilbur assist Ansel's Kingdom even though they had no alliance. As he spots the carrier bird, he knows that Wilbur's response to his letter was attached to the bird's leg.