Ten

"No."

"Please Bowyn," Tabari pleads. "Just this once. If you hate it you will never have to do it again. Please."

It had been a month since Tabari had arrived at Bowyn's kingdom. Bowyn had been absent most of the time, but whenever he was free from his duties he was either arguing or spending time with Tabari. He had also grown accustomed to the rather bothersome omega pup that stole most of his mate's attention.

Ambrose was a pain. Bowyn swore that the nuisance woke up in the middle of the night just to piss him off. He would cry when Bowyn would pick him up. Spit up on his expensive clothing after he fed him. Anything the pup could do to make Bowyn furious, he did just that.

When Ambrose was with Tabari, however, he was the most well-behaved pup in the world. Smiling and giggling and not taking giant dumps that destroyed his clothes and nappies. He was the perfect child.

Tabari had written many letters back and forth with Akio and his parents. He withheld the information about Bowyn's past for another time. Perhaps it was the guilt he felt about spreading such personal details that Bowyn had worked so hard on keeping a secret.

Tabari had not told his family about his pup yet. He wanted his family to meet his pup in person first. He was sure that Akio would love Ambrose. That his entire family will love Ambrose just as much as Tabari did.

Tabari missed his family very much but he was beginning to get used to staying at the palace with Bowyn. Sometimes when Bowyn thought that Tabari was asleep, he would pull the omega close and hold him. Tabari was awake though. At first, he was uncomfortable. Wanting nothing more than to move away from him. But his wolf began to enjoy the feeling of being tucked close to the older man.

They were not close enough to be able to hold each other during the day though. Bowyn's ego would suffer if he dared to hold an omega close to him. If he dared to show any other emotion that was not anger. Tabari was okay with that. They were both respecting each other's space, leaving room for discussion. Tabari was surprised by how courteous Bowyn was. 

Now, Tabari and Bowyn stood arguing over who was going to give Ambrose his bath. Bowyn never bathed Ambrose before and Tabari insisted he needed to know how to.

Bowyn wanted nothing to do with bathing the smelly creature. He knew that the vile monster would come up with something to do in the bath to make his life harder.

"Bowyn, please," Tabari holds Ambrose up to Bowyn. "Look at him. Such a sweet baby. There is nothing to be afraid of, Bowyn."

"I never said that I was afraid of that thing... I simply do not want to be performing a servent's job. I have better things to do than bathe the beast. If you enjoy it so much, you do it."

"Bowyn," Tabari reaches out and takes Bowyn's hand in his. The first time Tabari willingly touched him. "For me?"

Bowyn says nothing as Tabari places the squirming pup into his arms. Surprisingly, Ambrose clings to Bowyn, laying his head onto his shoulder. Ambrose coos, his fuzzy head tickling Bowyn's chin as he moves his head.

"Alright. Just this once. After this, I will never partake in bathing him ever again."

"Thank you," Tabari says, smiling at his mate.

Tabari had become more daring lately, looking Bowyn in the eyes when he spoke to him. Bowyn could not seem to care though. Tabari's eyes were beautiful. He was beautiful. There was no denying that anymore. The boy was a breathtaking sight to behold. A stunning treasure.

"I knew you were going to agree so I had Mason set up a bath in the smallest bathing tub there was in the palace."

"So you are on a first-name basis with the servants now?" Bowyn asks as they walk into their bathroom. A little child tub set up in the middle of the room, warm water filled halfway.