Chapter 9

His big smile stretched from ear to ear. "Hey beautiful, thought I'd come see you before you guys get real busy."

"Aw, thank you." I said with a small smile.

"So, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out after you get off?" He asked leaning over the counter.

"Oh, um. I would love to, but I already made plans with Stacie, Bonnie, and Tracy." I said making a face that said 'sorry'.

"Oh Stacie. I forgot she works here." His voice was full of hate.

"You know her?"

"Yes from along time ago. I must be going now love. I'm still going to just you after work." He answered before getting up, blowing me a kiss. Stacie walked in as he reached the door and they looked at each other like they were ready to kill. I haven't really known Leaum very long but he didn't seem like a hateful person. Maybe I was wrong though?

"Was he talking to you?" Stacie asked pointing back at the door.

"Yeah, why? Him and I have been texting regularly." I answered raising and eyebrow.

"He is bad news, Maddie. You shouldn't associate with him." She said with a serious tone. A small smile spread across my face while trying no to laugh. "What? What's so funny?"

"Did you just call me Maddie?" I said while laughing.

Now she was smiling. "Well yeah, I think it's cute."

"I like it," I admitted.

After talking here and there we started to work. I made so many drinks and had so many, I think I'm an expert now. Many guys gave me their numbers but I just went ahead and threw them in the trash. Deep down a part of me kind of hated men. They have always made everything bad for me. All together they usually suck.

"I'm gonna head home and get everything ready for the night," I said to Stacie before walking towards the door.

"Okay, we will all be over in like an hour or so." She said waving at me. I walked out to my car and drove home quickly. Part of me was hoping I would see Damon in the hallway, so I re-did my makeup. Just to make sure. While walking up the stairs I saw a different neighbor go into his house and another tall man with brown hair standing in the hallway.

"Leaum?" I asked talking to the taller man. It was him, I knew it was.

"Yes, love?" He answered. It was him alright, but his voice was deep, and raspy with an echo that sounded like something off of a movie. I still couldn't see his face, so I walked even closer. When I reached my door he slowly started to turn around.

"What are you- OH MY GOD!" I screamed. My teaching was suddenly on manual. His face was morphed. There were black holes for his eyes and his smile literally stretched ear to ear. His teeth we're sharp rows like a shark. I ran for my door but he grabbed my wrist and picked me up. Although I was trying to fight back it was no match for his new brutal strength. We went into my apartment and he closed the door.

"Why do you think of Damon around me?" He asked before throwing me on the couch.

"Wh-what do you mean?" I asked, trembling.

"What does he have that I don't?"

"What are you?" I asked leaning forward now. His face was terrifying and nearly unreal. To think this is all about me liking Damon. How does he even know him, or Stacie?

"Ask Damon." He said before leaning down. "I'm gonna give you something. A vision of your past." His hand grabbed my face hard and I could no longer see.

* * *
Everything was white. I opened my eyes but they were so foggy I could hardly see. I sat there for a moment and rubbed them before walking along a read sidewalk. In the distance was a beautiful woman with the body of a goddess. As I got closer I noticed this woman was me, but her face was slightly more elegant. She was dressed in an all-black gown.

"Why have you come back, you foolish man?" She asked, but she was not talking to me. She was talking to Damon.

"I am not a man, but I came here to apologize." He said. I looked him up and down and noticed he had no tattoos and shorter hair.

"For what? Backstabbing me? It's fine your majesty. Just don't come to me for love again, not if you can't give me any." She sounded hurt and angry.

"I do love you, Demari. You just can't see it because you're stubborn."

She slammed her fist on the table and a cloud of black smoke covered Damon's neck and pulled him up into the air. "DO NOT TELL ME YOU LOVE YOU IGNORANT FOOL! YOU BETRAYED ME WHEN I WAS FIGHTING A WAR FOR YOU!" She screamed before throwing him.

* * *
"Maddie wake the fuck up!" Stacie yelled tapping my cheek.

"What happened dude?" Tracy said leaning over me.

I placed my hand on my head and felt a pain on my eyebrow. It was bleeding. "I need to talk to Damon," I said jumping up.

"Woah. What's wrong?' Stacie asked standing with me?

"Nothing." I lied, "I just need to ask him something." They looked at me confused but I knew what I need to do. I walked out the door and shut it before they could say anything. It's showtime.

I knocked on the door and Damon quickly answered. "Uh, hey. What's up?" He asked sounding concerned.

I walked into his house without saying anything. Standing in front of his television I pointed to his couch. "I think you should sit the fuck down real quick bucko." He raised an eyebrow at me and I knew he was a little angry cause I was telling him what to do but he sat down.

"What is it, Madeline?" He said with a cocky voice.

"What did you do to Demari?"

_____________________________
Okay here is another update. That picture is what I would make Madeline look like. And If you look at the last chapter I put a picture if what Damon looks like. Then next chapter will show what he looks like in demon form. I hope you like this!!!