I See You Lying Next To Me, With Words I Thought I'd Never Speak..

I sat in my temporary room, in the deafening silence that made it impossible to really think. I guess that was okay, though, I can't afford to worry about all that's going on. According to the group and dad, I needed some rest before we get started figuring things out.
I've realized that I'm still the only one who needs to sleep. It seems like the Guardians go days before giving themselves at least a break. It looks crazy to me, but maybe, in time, I'll get used to it and develop my own irregular sleeping schedule.
"Hey."
A soft voice came from the door, Jack. In the hallway behind him was lit up with yellow orange lights, which gave him a glow before he stepped inside, setting his staff by the door.
I watched him with a small smile as he walked over to me and sat on the edge of the king sized bed. He quilt on top was red and white, checkered with diamond shaped pieces.
"Whatcha thinking about?" He asked, crossing his feet under him.
"Nothing really. I need to wrap my mind around things, I just don't know how." I watch him nod.
"You need sleep, in the morning it'll be easier." He suggested. I just looked down to my lap, where my hands were. I stared numbly at my bare wrists before speaking.
"I don't think I can," I sighed. " my brain is too active, I don't think it'll let me sleep."
"Anything I can do to help?"
I looked up and gave him a soft smile. "It's okay. I'll live, it's just sleep right?"
That made him chuckle. "Yeah just sleep."he paused, before looking at me more seriously. "How are you taking the news?"
"That uh, I'm basically adopted?" I bit my lip before laying back in the soft bed. I felt him crawl forward and collapse next to me. "It's not like I'm mad at him or anything, from what he said I probably am better off here with him and all of you guys. "
"It surprised me."
"Really?" I turned over and layer on my side, watching him. He stared up to the ceiling before turning his head to me.
"You're so much like your dad, all the good things at least. You're a fighter. If you want something, you get it, you'll fight for it. But then now I think about it, you're really not like your dad. You put a lot of trust in people. You fight to defend yourself or the people around you. "
I nodded at his words."he's still my dad, though. I'll always see him as my dad." I mumbled quietly. Closing my eyes for a moment before turning back onto my back and running my hand through my hair.
he smiled softly. "Sleepy yet?"
I made a face. "Hm, a little."
It felt nice talking to him. His presence alone oddly calmed me into just speaking my mind. The bed slowly became softer and more comfortable.
" get some sleep, Ellie." I felt cold lips press softly to my cheek before his weight left the bed. My cheek tingled just underneath the skin, in the shape of the invisible print left by his lips. I bit my lip as I sat up.
"Jack?"
"Yeah?" He let his hand fall before he reached his staff, when he turned to me.
I already felt my cheeks fluster from the kiss. "Stay? Maybe?" I asked.
His cheeks turned a soft shade of pink as he nodded. "If you want me to I will."
I nodded back and he walked back. I pulled the quilt and blanket from underneath me and pulled then over me. Jack did the same,crawling in beside me on his side.
I could tell he didn't know what to do with himself. I pushed my sudden shyness away and crawled closer, laying on my side and setting my forehead in his chest. He slowly wrapped his arm around my waist and the other wove it's way under me. His cool embrace took my red cheeks away and left me comfortable and sleepy.
"Goodnight Jack.." I mumbled quietly into his chest.
"Goodnight Ellie. Sweet dreams."

___________________________

HOLY SHOELACE
Well hey guys, long time no see. I am so painfully sorry for not sticking to my word and updating earlier, school has gotten hectic and I haven't found time to write.

Since during Geometry I feel pretty depressed, I've been writing these chapters instead of working and a Ferard fan fic from my tumblr (hurrdye.tumblr.com). If you want me to put the chapters (I call them parts on tumblr) on here just ask and I will.

Alright, you guys know the drill, if you want more pretty pretty please bug me and annoy me and keep reminding me to update, or I'll get caught up in things and forget to save time to write.

Hope you guys are having a great day!