Secrets and Sisters

"W-who the hell are you?" I stuttered out, almost breathless of the resemblance. Her lips turned up into a smile.
"I am your sister, Ellie, is it? Yes your twin, from before you died and was adopted by him." She turned with a grimace and flicked her fingers at Dad.
"I was there for months before that happened, she didn't have a sister. Or were you hidden in the basement like a caged animal?" Dad sneered, stepping between her and me.
She squinted at him angrily."No, I was with our mother, our real mother, who raised me better then you ever could raise her. Why would you take her? She was doing so well with our real daddy.. You came and ruined it."
I could feel the dirty look dad was giving her. I felt my heat rise in anger too, but unlike my dad I let it slide.
"I had every right to take her," He growled out. Having just registered what was being said I interrupted.
"Take? What do mean take, Dad?" The air fell silent and the Guardians behind me were still. Like a match in a dark room she started laughing with a burst of sarcastic enthusiasm.
"You didn't know?" She pretended to wipe a tear from her eye. "That's precious. You never told her? Oh, what a time to find out. Go ahead, tell her, Boogeyman."
I watched him carefully. He looked pained as he turned to me. " Dad?" I asked quietly.
"Ellie.. I'm sorry. Your real father.. I stole you from him." He looked at me with soft eyes.
"She is the one you were watching? You promised to not meddle with her, Pitch!" Growled North from behind me.
"You can't hold that against me, North. She was being beaten bloody, if I didn't take her she would have died all those years ago!"
"Wait..guys I--" I tried to butt in but they were oblivious to anyone else in the room.
"You disrupted her fate, I told you that you would--"
"That what? She would have died and become a spirit alone? Where no one could see her? She was only a child, North. I wasn't letting that happen."
Suddenly , arms had pulled me back from to two. They continued to yell at each other, but I lost focus as my imposter whispered in my ear.
"You can still come back to your real family, Eleanora. Your mother. Our mother. Just come home with me."
I squirmed in her grip. "No.. I won't leave for someone I have no interest in meeting." I lit my hands on fire and grabbed he arms, which made her let go. She flinged me away from her, making me land on my back roughly.
"You little-- Well, I must go anyway, our mother is waiting. I'll give you today to think about it, Ellie."
She, with a smirk, evaporated into what seemed like smoke and drifted out of the globe room out the hatch in the ceiling.
Cold hands found me as unrealized I had the air from my lungs knocked out of me and I was gasping for air.
"Are you okay?" I felt Jack pull me closer to him, and into a sitting position. I could tell he was panicking. Quite honestly, I was more confused then anything. I shook my head softly, looking up at North and Dad, who were still arguing. "D-Dad.." I called weakly. He made eye contact with me finally and pushed away from North.
In two long strides he had pushed his way past Sandy (whom had stumbled onto this scene like Bunny, but much more confused) and a little huddle of Tooth's fairies to kneel beside me. I noticed everyone huddle around me worriedly, which made me feel edgy.
I used Jacks leg for support as I sat up on my own.
"I'm okay, don't worry.." I looked up to Dad." What did she mean? What does north mean? "
I watched him bite his lip." I know I shouldn't have kept it from you but I was only protecting you, Ellie. Your real father, he was a drunk and took out his frustrations at you. I promised North not to meddle, he said it wasn't my place to be. But if I left you for another second-- if I let him hurt you one more time-- I wouldn't be able to live with myself. I saved you from him, Ellie. Pleaded and begged the man in the moon to change you into a spirit so you wouldn't have died at such a young age. He granted me that, and here you are. I never knew you had a sister, I didn't know you had a mother. All I knew was that you would always be safer with me then that abusive man."

_________________________
Yeah I know, awkward stopping point. Roll with it and read on! C: