Aurors

Dear Aurors,

You're here a lot more now than you ever were. Ever since the Ministry of Magic ridded me of my dementors, you've been guarding my cells. 

You were here before, barely. The five minutes you took a prisoner to their cell. I know you dreaded it, hoping that after every capture, an auror that wasn't you was sent to me. Luck of the draw, really, but you still couldn't stop the sigh of relief when your name wasn't picked.

You always came in differently each time. Some came in like a tornado, tearing up the dirt underneath your feet, dragging the convict behind you. You breathed heavy and kept your head held high. Others came in like the sea on a beautiful summer day, calm and timid, barely leaving footsteps because of your light steps, and never daring to look me straight in the eyes (or holes in the wall, I'm not very good at these figures of speech). 

You all have the same thought in mind, get me out of here. You all have the same pleading look in your eyes, whether you confront it with confidence or not. 

Now, you don't regret it as much, I think. There aren't dementors to touch at your worst memories. See, I'm not as bad as you thought. I just had bad house guests.

A/N: Hello! Kinda a rant here, but today my global teacher gave us an attendance question (like a do-now since we're doing everything online) and the question was "Which is your favorite Harry Potter book/movie"

A/N: Hello! Kinda a rant here, but today my global teacher gave us an attendance question (like a do-now since we're doing everything online) and the question was "Which is your favorite Harry Potter book/movie". Now, I remained fairly calm withoit fangirling too much, but quess what. HALF MY CLASS HASN'T READ OR WATCHED ANY OF THEM! My teacher said that was quite depressing, and I agree.

How did we all live before Harry Potter? I honestly don't know.

People don't make sense sometimes. -Maddy.