Legolas #3

Imagine Legolas being affectionate and possessive of you, and finally expressing his feelings for you.

Warnings- Descriptive affection. Also death.

Word count- 1258

🌹🌹🌹

The battle of Helm's deep was drawing near, and you were preparing yourself to be victorious. You had accompanied the Fellowship since the council of Elrond, and didn't plan on leaving anytime soon. Though the fellowship had broken when Frodo and Sam left on their epic journey to Mordor alone, and when Boromir died.

You counted the number of arrows you had, and placed them in your quiver. "That'll do..." You muttered to yourself. "Getting ready?" A voice asked from behind. You snapped at their direction to spot Legolas.

"Yes. Any special news?" You asked, caressing your dagger. "Elves led by Haldir has come to assist us, under the command of Lady Galadriel." You looked at him in surprise. That's good news.

He came up behind you, and said, "Are you sure that you want to fight in this battle? You could be injured!" You shook your head and proceeded with a sigh, "Yes. I know how to fight a battle and defend myself." "Oh, can you?" He suddenly said haughtily.

"What the-" you suddenly jerked as he started tickling your sides. "Legolas stop!" You said, but he took no notice of you. He kept tickling you and you finally yelled, "Oof! It's not funny!" But tears were already streaming down your face from laughter.

He abruptly stopped and pressed a kiss on your neck. He continued his action, and you said, "Now what are you trying to do?" "Affection." You raised your brows, "Are you trying to seduce me, elf?"

He buried his face deeper into your neck sending a tinge of electricity through your spine. He said something in elvish incoherently on your skin, then raised his head and declared, "Yes. Absolutely." How interesting...

You turned away from him, suddenly remembering the upcoming battle. You quickly glanced around too make sure no one saw you two. "Stop being an idiot and prepare for the battle." Legolas shrugged it off like it was nothing.

You finally reached the walls and spotted everyone already in their positions. The archers had lined up against the wall, with theirs bows strung with arrows. Over the horizon a wall of darkness and dust was approaching quickly.

You took your position beside Gimli, who was struggling to see above the wall. You smiled and shook your head. Your bow was ready too, and you noticed Legolas taking his position on the other side of Gimli. You two exchanged a quick nod.

*Time skip to the end of the battle*

Dead. There were a lot of dead all around you. Though luckily most of them were orcs. But there were few of your kin too, who had courageously laid down their life for what they love.

You spotted Gimli and Legolas boasting on their kill counts. Gimli looked happy that he had outscored Legolas by one single Orc. He had 43 and Legolas 42. You smiled to yourself knowing that you had outscored both of them with a count of 45.

But you couldn't get over the fact that Haldir had died. You hadn't met him much apart from when the fellowship had passed by Lorién. He seemed a very courageous and nice person. "(Y/n)?" Legolas's voice brought you back to focus.

"You fought well today, Gimli, son of Gloin. That was a very courageous of you in front of the gate." He nodded in acknowledgment. You passed by Legolas and punched him lightly on his shoulder, saying, "Nice stunts out their." "Of course." He said, fingering the edges of his bow.

You were making your way through the corpses, surveying the fields and finding good arrows to refill your quiver. Suddenly, a pair of hands wrapped around you, pulling you close to a body. You would have yelped if you weren't already used to his sudden affectionate attacks.

"Legolas! What the fresh hell?" You exclaimed. "I was so worried, separated from you." You sighed, and caressed his cheek, softly saying, "I'm okay, you are okay, most of everyone is okay, now let me go." He gave you a last tight squeeze before letting you go. He had a strange aura about him, one you were unaware of.

*Time skip to after return from Isengard*

King Theoden had hoisted a feast and merry making in the honour of the victory. Saruman was dead, killed by that Wormtongue of a Grima, who in turn was killed by Legolas.

Currently, he and Gimli were in a drink battle, and you watched Gimli faint. Legolas slammed his cup down saying "Game over." The action made your heart flutter, much to your amusement. His eyes scanned the entire crowd for you, and once he spotted you he smiled, making you blush. Gee...

He made his way over to you, casting his cloak over himself. He came over to you, draping an arm over you, and leading you outside. You accepted to be led by him, curious of what he was doing. He led you over to the walls.

The stars were becoming veiled with darkness and a cold breeze was blowing. Evil and it's shadows were spreading fast. However, above your concerns, Legolas said, "I've wanting to tell you something since a few days."

You looked at him. He was staring straight in front, his face was alight with whatever starlight there was. Elves... "What do you wish to tell me?" You asked, curiosity getting better of you.

He looked at you straight. He removed his arm from your shoulder, and clasped your hand tightly. "Since the first day I had seen you, there was something about you that made my heart beat faster. One glance at you is my light in the darkness." He paused, staring at you for your reaction.

You stared at him blankly, so he continued, "The feeling was foreign so I decided to hide it. But it grew, and everytime you talked to me or I saw you, I fell in some sort of... Trance." You kept staring at him, not believing him.

"Unfortunately Aragorn had seen me. I was embarrassed, but he seemingly knew what I was going through. He told me his own experience, so I finally realised."

He proceeded to clutch both your hands together, and bringing them near to his chest, he said, "I love you, (y/n). I love you more than my life itself." You finally released a gasp.

Thoughts swirled in your mind, and you became dizzy. But you managed to calm down, and looked at his face. He looked genuinely concerned about your response. You couldn't deny, that you too had feelings for him.

You opened your mouth to reply, but nothing came out. So you instead pulled him into a tight embrace. He returned the hug. "I love you too, Legolas Greenleaf, I only never heeded to my feelings."

You pulled out of the hug, and he breathed a sigh in relief. "I was so scared... I thought you were going to reject-" But he was stopped when you wrapped your hands around his neck and kissed him. He kissed you back, reminding you of the fresh smell of the forest right after rain.

You smiled, and pulled away. "So, Leggy..." "Hmm?" He asked, mentally groaning of the nickname. "There's still evil we need to defeat. And we shall do it together. Nothing would separate us." "Nothing." He replied, pressing some quick kisses on your neck.