Now or Never

10 Tinsley

Present Day

I hated this; this was the last place I wanted to be right now. I didn't want to have to face the man I'm still head over heels in love with. Like I see him on TV or at his games, and why yes, I do like to torture myself thank you, but my whole-body hums by just seeing him. It hurt so much, and I was constantly reminded with flashbacks of the night I caught him cheating, but I couldn't not see him at all because that hurt just as bad.

Today is the day though, it's been about three months since I caught him red handed. Today specifically has been exactly a year since my dad passed away. It has been a really rough morning for me, and my face being red and puffy from crying definitely isn't helping anything at all. Today is the day I've decided to tell Tyler about the life we've created together.

The past three months have been really hard on me. I've been working as much as I possibly can to keep my mind off of everything going on. I stayed with Kate and Jamie for about a month before the roommate my sister had decided to leave, so luckily, I was able to move back in with her. I kept the situation with Tyler hush, because he doesn't deserve that kind of bad press. All anyone knows is that we just needed some time apart.

My sister, Danielle, Kate, and Jamie are the only people that I know of that know what actually went down in Boston. He may have told others but his sisters and parents still talk to me as if nothing has changed, thankfully because I love his family deeply. Kate and Danielle are the only ones that knows I'm pregnant at all, a little over 5 months today. They come to my appointments with me, I seriously couldn't ask for a better set of friends.

I took another deep breath before walking into the Arena and down to the ice through the tunnel and out where the Zamboni goes through. Kate told me the guys had a charity thing today, just like the one I did last year with the kids in my class. I knew what time they usually got there so I snuck in beforehand to catch Tyler before he was with the kids, or gone.

I walked up to the edge of the ice and Tyler stopped in his tracks. Jamie came up behind him and checked him lightly before he noticed me and skated over. Tyler followed.

"Hey girl." Jamie smiled ready to lean in for a hug but Tyler stopped him.

"Why are you here?" Tyler looked over at me.

"I need to talk to you about something." Wow, my steady voice surprised me.

"I don't think there is anything that needs to be said between the two of us." He said as Jamie looked at him and Alex skated up on the other side. As if one hockey player wasn't intimidating enough, now three men over 6ft tall are staring at me.

"Can we just go somewhere private please?" I asked calmly.

"Na, we have nothing to talk about Tinie-" He caught himself and quickly corrected the nickname he gave me. "Tinsley."

"Tyler, can we just for one second remember that we were together for almost a year and you're the one that cheated on me, not the other way around. So, this anger you have towards me is completely misplaced." I said fiddling with the envelope in my hands behind my back, trying to keep my hormones under control is a lot harder than it seems. He rolled his eyes. "You know what fine, fuck it. Forget I asked. Or even came here." I pushed the envelope towards him, when he didn't take it, I placed it against his chest. He put his hand against it and I instantly let go, I don't think I could have handled his hand touching mine. I quickly turned on my heels and walked back through the tunnel to get out of the arena. I did what I intended to do, even if it wasn't the way I had hoped.

Tyler

Present Day

I watched the love of my life walk away again. I hated how I was acting towards her, but I was bitter, and after everything I've done to her I know she didn't deserve it just like I didn't deserve her. That was my way of pushing her as far away from me as possible knowing she will find so much better.

But shit if she didn't look damn good. She was glowing and if I didn't know any better, I would have thought she found someone else. Kate keeps me updated so I know she hasn't even looked at another man in the time we've been apart, and she was wearing my Stars hoodie.

"What is that?" I looked over at Jamie who was pointing at the envelope I was holding against my chest.

Closing my eyes and shaking my head to get out of my own thoughts I skated over to the bench and dumped the envelope along the ledge. I picked up the piece of paper and unfolded it. Jamie and Alex were both right behind me, I'm sure reading over my shoulder. Is it sad that I missed the stupidest things about her, like her handwriting? She used to write me goofy little notes and put them in my suitcase for when I was gone for away games.

Tyler,

I know we are not on the best of terms right now. I know you think I deserve better. I'm sure by now you've seen the tests, since you can't wait and read before opening something, which I'll always miss. Yes, you are, how do I know you ask? Because I wasn't the one that slept around at all in the past year. Anyway, I just want you to know I don't expect anything from you. I know this will join us for life, but I just need you to know that I won't force you to be in that life. You are amazing and have so much going for you. The last thing I want is any kind of resentment towards either of us. Oh, and I promise not to breathe a word to anyone about who helped make this miracle, it isn't anyone's business, and I know that kind of press won't help you. You will always hold a piece of my heart and I will always love you.

Your Tinsley.

"Dude..." I looked over at Jamie who was staring at the wall where I dumped the envelope, his eyes wide. I picked up what was definitely a pregnancy test.

"That's positive Seggy." Alex said pointing at the test. I put my hand over my mouth thinking I was going to be sick for a second before turning to Jamie.

"You said Kate was going to lunch with her right? Can you call her, find out if it's true, and how far along she could be? Shit, I'm going to be a dad." Everything spun for a second as Jamie face-timed Kate.

"Hey babe!" She came over the screen.

"Hey so question for you. You're still having lunch with Tinsley, right?" He asked.

"Yes, here with her now. Why?" Kate asked.

"Well, so, like..."

"Tyler opened the envelope I assume?"

"Wait you knew?" Jamie looked utterly confused.

"I've known for a while babe."

"She was living with us and I had no idea. How far along is she?" Jamie asked.

"No, no, no! Babe we aren't getting in the middle of this at all okay. The only thing I'll tell you right now since I know Tyler is right there, is that this is the reason she flew to Boston. She wanted to tell you then."

"She doesn't look pregnant." I said now in frame.

"She is, I promise. Cravings, nausea, throwing up, the works. I also was at her appointment earlier today. You want to know anything else; you can grow some balls and ask her yourself."

"Kate, she doesn't want to hear from me."

"That's a damn joke, that woman is in love with you, a lot of kissing up, and groveling, I'm pretty sure you can win her back. It will take a long damn time to prove that you won't be such an idiot ever again, and I can't guarantee that she'll trust you when you're away, but eventually I know she'll drop everything to be back with you. Plus, y'all have a kid on the way, and if you want to be in this kid's life, you're going to have to grovel quite a bit. Love you boys got to go, the people in the bathroom now think I'm crazy." She hung up.

"God damnit man, what am I going to do?" I yelled. Alex shrugged his shoulders, he had a kid, you'd think that he maybe would have something to say.

"You need to talk to her." Jamie said.

"No freaking duh."

"Sooner the better buddy." He said again.

"I'll text her after we're done here." I rubbed down my face noticing the kids starting to enter the ice. The three of us skated over to do what we are here to do. Even if I knew my mind was not going to be here with me.