Nerves Suck

14 Tyler

I took a few deep breaths letting them out quick as Jamie tapped my shoulder before we were heading out on the ice for off-season practice. There were already some dedicated fans sitting out there just waiting for us to come out. Of those fans included my parents, both my sisters, Tinsley's mom, sister, brother, and his kids. My nerves were getting the best of me.

Don't get me wrong, I want this more than anything else. Tinsley has been my world since the day we met, and I'll tell you what, when you know...you know. We've been through ups and downs and she's stuck by me the entire time. We have a three month old son together. When my head wasn't in it, she made sure to bring it back. We work, we're perfect together even with the little fights that we have. I wouldn't change a thing about our relationship, except for her last name.

Which is why I'm breathing so heavily right now. I was the only one not padded up, sitting down in a pair of nice black slacks and a black button down.

"You sure you're ready to do this?" Jamie laughed. I looked over at him and gave him a look. "Just checking, you're like psyching yourself up."

"I'm nervous."

"Oh I know, she'll probably say no and walk away forever."

"Oh fuck you." I laughed.

"You know she's going to say yes, you already have Kayden, and before you know it you'll be married with 2.5 kids."

"It's the crowd that's got me freaking out. Doing this alone just her and I is one thing. Doing it for strangers to see is messing with me." He laughed and patted me on the back.

"Well get over your stage freight buddy because it is show time." I took one last deep breath before following all the guys out. I stopped short so I couldn't been seen but could see a decent amount. Jamie walked over and asked Tinsley to come down. She looked at him weird but agreed. "We want you to take some pictures our regular camera person isn't around."

"Oh okay." He handed her a camera to keep up with the rouse and after she handed off our son, she walked slowly out to the ice in her boots. She was wearing one of my jerseys and a pair of jeans, just absolute perfection. "Jamie where's Tyler?" It didn't take long for her to say it, and the second she did I was on the ice skating up behind her quietly. Jamie smiled widely at her before pointing, when she turned around I was already down on one knee and the people watching all gasped. "Oh my god" I smiled at her and put my head down for a second before looking back up at her with the box in hand.

"Tinsley Morgan Sawyer, I have loved you since the first day I laid eyes on you. We all know that's a lot for me to say." I laughed as did she. "You make me the happiest man alive, and make my life worth living, you don't put up with my shit, and aren't afraid to tell me off." We both laughed again. "You stole my heart, now I want you to steal my last name. Marry me?" As she nodded her head with tear filled eyes our families were screaming and yelling, the team was screaming and yelling. "Words beautiful."

"Fuck yes." We both laughed and I stood up pulling her to me to kiss those beautiful lips. When I pulled away both of us were emotional as I slid the gorgeous diamond onto her finger. Everyone here was on their feet. Both of our families came running out and the team all came over. It was a massive clusterfuck of a hug with us in the middle still making out. To be honest I never thought I was one that was going to get married, ever. Now? Now I didn't see my life going any other way. It is so crazy how everything can change so quickly.