Every Single Moment

8 Tyler

6 Months Ago

You know those moments; the ones where you feel yourself fall hard for someone. Those moments you realize you don't think you could ever live without that person? Those silly, weird, goofy ass moments that your best friend just punches you right in the heart and you can't help the smile that crosses your face? No matter how ridiculous that you look?

Yea, I'm about to tell you about some of those moments because I'm a sappy love sick fool, something I never ever thought I would be. I mean seriously I've been with quite a few girls and I can say I have never felt like this with any of them.

Then again, I've never walked in on any of them cooking me dinner in short shorts, high socks, and a tank screaming a random Post Malone song at the top of their lungs laughing and jumping around. Then of course encouraging me to dance with them. Tinsley, oh Tinsley. She grabbed my hands and all but forced me to dance with her in the middle of the kitchen with all four dogs around us. I just got home from practice and I was tired, but she made everything I was feeling go away with the look she gave me when I saw her dancing and singing. She didn't stop, she wasn't embarrassed, she was just her. Glorious and gorgeous Tinsley.

Another time, I've never been given something just because. Yea I mean I get free stuff a lot, but not like this. No woman I dated saw something, thought of me and got it just because. After a few away games in a row. Tinsley had met me at the airport with this silly stuffed animal she found that reminded her of me. Why it reminded her of me I still don't know but damnit I keep that stupid thing with me everywhere I go. It is officially my good luck penguin wearing a tiny ass Stars shirt she found. When I'm home it hangs out on my dresser and she acts like it's just another pet. She's the biggest goofball ever.

Never have I came home after a home game to find my girlfriend in my bed. That sounds weird right? I know, but every time I've brought the girl here, I've never gotten home to someone already being there. She wasn't even doing anything special, she was asleep, curled up in my bed in her adorable Minnie Mouse pajama pants and one of my shirts. When I kissed her lightly, she stirred. When I asked her why she didn't tell me she was coming she said "I knew you'd want me here, and Sierra isn't home, plus I locked my keys inside my apartment. It was a fiasco." I didn't even think twice about any of it. She looked so damn good in my bed all the time.

I'll also never forget the first home game she came to either. She walked in with me and offered to take pictures for a few of the fans to make it easier. She didn't get upset when I was taking my time signing stuff or talking to some of the people standing outside the Arena. That beautiful smile of hers never left her face once, and it wasn't a fake one either. She was patient and kind to every person that talked to her and helpful to the ones I was giving attention. Then once we were warming up, she was there wearing my sweatshirt, with one of my jersey's on over top of it, cheering for us every single second of that game. We got back to my place after and she barely had a voice.

Or, there was my favorite one so far, the away game. The away game where my wonderful, beautiful, amazing girlfriend happen to make a sign. She paid without me knowing to have a seat right up against the glass next to our bench. As we were doing warm ups, looking around as I always do, I spotted the sign. "I traveled for 91 and I'm not leaving without a stick, a puck, a pic, and a kiss <3. I'll settle for a ride in that Ferrari though."

As I'm standing there laughing at the sign, I turn to get Jamie's attention who read it and bent over laughing while pointing. I turn back around to see her beautiful face staring at me waving. Shaking my head, I skated around to where there was no glass and she leaned over with her goofy smile plastered on her face matching mine. I kissed her as passionately as I could considering the awkward place we were. Plus, she was above me in the stands.