forty

"jisung, can we talk?"

jisung shot his head up as he looked over to minho. the older's look was just calm, but something tells jisung that minho was a bit tensed.

"yea, sure. what is it?" he replied just as calm as the other, but what surprises him the most is when minho retracted his hand and left jisung's cold hand alone.

from what minho just did, jisung frowned and he's now actually scared of what minho is about to say.

does he not like me anymore? does he hate me? is it because of the incident? was i being too hopefu-

"i'm sorry," jisung's thought got interrupted by minho's apology. the younger was confused but before he could say anything, minho continued.

"i'm sorry for being so selfish. i know i told you not to talk about the past anymore but i just could never forget what i've done to you. i may have been devastated the whole time, but i didn't know you suffered just as much," minho paused before taking a deep breath and continuing.

"the others told me you were in a similar state as me, and just imagining you being dishevelled and unorganised really broke my heart. i thought i was the only one, but you've must felt worst than i did. i had hyunjin to comfort me, but you wanted to be left alone. how devastated you have been when i ignored you. i still could never forgive myself for what i've done to you," and he ended with a whisper of i'm sorry before he quietly sobbed.

jisung's heart broke at this scene in front of him. it was like déjà vu but worst.

jisung acted on his instinct and hold minho by his shoulders as he forces the older to face him. minho was shocked by the younger's action that he let out a quiet whimper.

"look at me, hyung," jisung said, with a tint of anger in his voice. minho slowly shot his head up to face the younger but still avoids eye contact.

"i told you that none of this is your fault, i thought we forgave each other?" jisung said as his voice and face began to soften as he looks at the heartbroken minho.

"i... i just thought that m-maybe..." minho trailed off, failing to continue his sentence. jisung didn't like where this is going at all, he thought today would be the best day of his life.

"maybe what hyung?" he asked, finally forcing eye contact with minho. the older stayed silent for a while before continuing.

"...that you wouldn't like me anymore,"

minho immediately put his head down, not wanting to look into jisung's eyes anymore, but jisung ain't having any of his stubbornness.

"look at me, hyung," he repeated, but his hands have now moved to minho's cheeks so he could lift his head up, but being the stubborn boy he is, minho closed his eyes tight.

after several seconds of silence passed, minho felt another presence on his lips that made him open his eyes in shock. what he saw almost gave him a mini heart attack.

jisung is kissing him.

he reacted quickly to the kiss as he slowly let his eyes close and kiss back. their lips moved in sync and jisung could feel fireworks exploding inside him and minho's heart almost jumped out.

when the younger pulled away, he connects his forehead with the older as he smiled softly, eye to eye with the man that he loves.

"i still like you, hyung." he let out a quiet chuckle before continuing, "no wait that doesn't sound right, let me fix that,"

he gave a small peck on minho's lips before saying, "i love you, hyung. i always did,"

minho really did fucked up his plan where he was the one who was supposed to confess, not jisung. but he could care less about all of this now as long as he can now tell how much he loves the younger.

"i love you too, jisung. i love you so much," he paused with two small pecks on jisung's lips before continuing,

"will you be my boyfriend?"

jisung face lit up immediately before engulfing the older in a warm hug. minho was surprised, but he calmly rests his arms behind jisung's back.

"of course i will, hyung! you have no idea how i've been waiting for this moment," jisung cheered in content. it makes minho proud for finally making the younger happy tonight.

the younger pulled away from the hug and was about to lean in for another kiss before he was interrupted by his phone ringing.

he groaned in frustration as he took out his phone and saw 'crispy 💤 is calling...' on the screen.

"ji it's getting late, where are you?" jisung picked up to hear a very worried chan on the other side of the phone and he couldn't help but chuckle.

"hyung, i'm fine. i'll be back soon i promise," jisung replied calmly even though deep in his heart he was a bit mad when interrupted their moment.

"you better or i'm locking you out," chan said before hanging up. jisung was about to reply with a "it's okay, i could sleep at minho's" but he was too late.

minho looked over at jisung and smiled softly before asking, "you need to go home now?"

jisung nodded as he frowned. minho laughed at the younger's reaction before standing up and taking the younger's hand as they head to the car.

the car ride back to jisung's house was calm, and the two boys could never stop smiling along the way. maybe jisung was actually right, it is the best day of his life.

once they reached the younger's, minho was holding tight on both his hands. he found it even harder to let the younger go this time since he's officially his boyfriend.

after jisung knocked on the door, an angry chan was standing in front of the door with a glass of water in his hand. minho was chuckling when he saw how funny serious chan looked like.

"finally, you're home. it's getting late and you just realised after i cal-,"

"hyung, that's enough. i'm here now but can you please go inside for a moment? i need to talk to minho hyung," jisung interrupted chan's motherly instinct talk and the older just hummed and closed the door.

once the door is closed, jisung faced minho and hold both of his hands again. he looked at him with his sweet gummy smile.

"thank you so much for today, hyung,"  he said as he swayed their hands together. it was such a cute gesture that minho was trying his hard to control himself from getting another heart attack.

"no, thank you for everything sungie," he replied with the same amount of gratitude to the other, emphasising on the word 'you'.

"thank you for making me realise my mistakes, for forgiving me, for accepting me, for believing in me, for supporting me, and most importantly thank you so much for loving me as much as i love you," minho kept on rambling and it made jisung all shy and blushing as he let out a quick giggle.

"thanks to you too for making me happy, for always being by my side all the time, for always taking care of me, for being patient with me, for all your hard works you did for me and for also loving me as much as i love you too," jisung replied which brought a huge smile on minho's face.

"jisung! i swear if y-,"

"yes, hyung! i'm coming geez," before jisung could let chan embarrassed him again he let out a quick answer before turning back to minho.

"i'm sorry hyung but i'll see you again, yeah?" jisung said and minho gave him a hug and reassure him that it's fine for him to go now.

they broke the hug and jisung leaned in to kiss minho for the last time that day. it was a less passionate one since it was shorter than the first one, but it still brings joy to both sides.

"goodnight, hyung! i love you!" after pulling away, jisung finally let go of minho's hand and walked to his door and opened it.

"goodnight, cutie and i love you too!" minho replied before getting a kiss blown by jisung as he finally closes the door.

it may have been the happiest day for the both of them as both their dream to be by each other's side all the time came true.

THE END

(for new readers, keep reading for two bonus chapters! ♡)