thirty nine

"where are we going, hyung?" breaking the awkward silence, jisung decided to finally speak up. he still can't move on from what just happened but he's trying his best to put that thought aside.

"you'll know soon," minho simply answered. jisung had a slight frown on his face since he doesn't get the exact answer to his question and minho couldn't help but chuckle.

minho put his playlist on shuffle again and the tension between both of them finally subsided as they both groove to the music.

once in a while, jisung spares some glances at minho just to appreciate how beautiful the older is. he also doesn't realise he was staring until they got on a red traffic light.

"you know you can take a picture right? it would last longer," minho said confidently as a slight smirk grew on his face. he loves seeing jisung's cute reactions to his teasing.

"or maybe i could just be with you and look at you everyday, that would definitely be better than just a picture," unexpectedly jisung backfired minho and the older's smirk immediately fell and he seems to be blushing a little.

jisung giggled when he saw minho's face slowly becoming red. if this is what it feels like to be a couple with his crush, he's more than happy to be spending his whole life being dorky with him.

not long after that, they finally came to a stop. minho got out of the car while jisung was still looking around to see if he recognises the place.

the older opened the door for him and he came out and continued to look around. he saw a few restaurants on one side and the beach on the other side of the road.

"come on, let's get dinner," minho said as he leads the way to a restaurant. when they arrived, jisung acknowledged the place they're eating is called 'HERO'S SOUP' and he swore he heard that name somewhere before.

"so if you remember, i told you this was my childhood favourite place to eat. so i thought bringing someone special would add to the 'specialness' of this place in my heart,"

jisung blushed at minho's comment and he swears he could hear his heartbeat increasing in speed as they make their way into the small but decent restaurant.

the place looks really nice. it has a very calming and welcoming atmosphere and the smell is definitely mouthwatering. the layout of the place is also neatly decorated with layers of shiny wood materials which contributes to the classic look of the restaurant.

they took a seat near the window again since they both love looking at the scenery when they eat or probably just wanted to avoid making awkward eye contacts with each other.

"minho hyung! it's nice to finally see you again, i miss you!" a little voice was heard from their left side and when they turned their head, minho had a wide smile on his face as he hugged the other figure.

"it's nice see you too, innie. by the way, this is jisung. jisung, this is jeongin," minho introduced both strangers to each other and jeongin's face become surprised.

"3racha han jisung? the one that promised me a 3racha album?" he asked jisung and minho was definitely confused. jisung nodded at jeongin and the younger continued rambling about wanting to flex on felix or something.

"okay, that's enough talk. you're taking our order or what?" minho quickly cut jeongin off before his rambles got longer and the younger pouted but obeyed nonetheless.

when jeongin finally left with their order, minho looked at jisung confusingly. "what was that all about? you guys met each other before?" he asked.

"oh well, technically. felix gave me his number so i could get hyunjin's number and ask about you-" jisung paused when he remembered the incident again, "but you said you don't want to talk about the past anymore so i'll just stop there," he then softly smiled.

minho let out a nervous laugh, sure he didn't want to talk about the past, but now he felt bad for what he did to jisung. he must've been in the same state as he was.

after their dinner, minho paid for the food after several bickers between him and jisung where he eventually won because he was the one that brought jisung there.

walking out together, minho took a deep breath of the refreshing cold night air which he loves and jisung finding himself doing the exact same thing.

"so, where do we go now?" the younger asked and minho responded with a soft smile before grabbing the younger's hand and walked towards his desired place.

jisung was flustered from the touch, but he continued to follow wherever minho is taking him to. as long as he's with minho, he felt safer than ever.

it finally came to his realisation that the older is taking him to the beach he saw a while ago. jisung loves the beach, and spending time with minho there would definitely be fantastic.

the beach was empty since it was night time, but both boys preferred this than the morning scenery since you could see the moon and stars shining brightly in the sky.

the wind was very strong too, and it gave both boys the feeling of calmness as it blew towards them. the two were still holding hands when they reached the beach, and none of them really mind.

they didn't talk when they walked around the beach. but since it was a comfortable silence, they seem to be loving it more when it's quite.

minho spotted a bench not too far from where they are now so he quickly walked towards it with jisung following behind him.

they finally sat down on the bench that was placed perfectly in the middle of the beach and the scenery was breathtakingly beautiful.

"it's so pretty," jisung said quietly to avoid further conversation but minho heard it just in time.

"i guess, but i think you're prettier," minho replied as he looked over at jisung with a fond smile. the younger blushed and smiled shyly as he looked down, glad that it was too dark for the older to notice his face was turning red.

"jisung, can we talk?"

----

early update today because i feel like it uwu

i can confirm you that the next chapter is the last one :( though i hope you enjoyed this one okayy <3

-love, dee