INTERVIEW EIGHT. JAYA1014, AUTHOR OF ''THE SUIT WAR''

*The spotlight flashes on and follows a blonde girl to the big crimson leather chair* (BTW, if you haven’t guessed yet, that girl’s me)

Me: Welcome everyone, today I have another GREAT author in the studio. On Wattpad she is known as JAYA1014 or J.B.!!!

*J.B. walks in, waving*

Me: Hi there! Take a seat!

J.B.: Thank you! *Sits down*

Me: Well, let’s start with… Who is your favourite author?

J.B.: I have a few favourite authors: J.K.Rowling, Harper Lee, Suzanne Collins, and David Klass.

Me: I am a total Potterhead! Also Hunger Games and To Kill A Mockingbird are ACE! What inspired you to write the Suit War?

J.B.: That’s a good question, haha. The inspiration for the card theme definitely came from Alice in Wonderland, but other than that the idea just popped into my head one day. You’d be surprised at the crazy ideas that float around in my imagination, haha.

Me: Well, thank goodness you have those crazy ideas, because otherwise we wouldn’t be able to read The Suit War! I saw the Wattys2014 tag on your book- what made you enter the Wattys?

J.B.: I entered the 2014 Wattys because I think it’s a good way to possibly share my work with more people.

Me: That’s a good one! What genre do you like reading best?

J.B.: I like reading a few different genres: paranormal, fantasy, dystopian and young adult.

Me: Ooh, I like reading (and writing) Fantasy too! How long does it take you to write a chapter?

J.B.: It depends on a couple things: (1) The story, because if it’s an actual novel it can take me a couple days, but if it’s just a story I’m writing for fun from time to time it’ll take me a few hours: and (2) whether or not the chapter is outlined because I’m really bad at go-with-the-flow writing (so if the chapter is outlined it takes me a significantly shorter amount of time to write it).

Me: Oh, I see. I’m not very good with go-with-the-flow writing either. Do you plan on becoming a writer in the future?

J.B.: I would love to become a (full-time) writer in the future; but I also know how difficult it is to make a living off writing.

Me: That’s completely true. When did you start writing?

J.B.: I started writing three and a half years ago, when I was a freshman in college.

Me: So what do you like to do when you’re not writing?

J.B.: When I’m not writing, I like to do taekwondo.

Me: That sounds so awesome! I enjoy watching it, but I don’t think I’d be able to do it:D What is the most interesting thing about writing, for you?

J.B.: The most interesting thing about writing is getting to express yourself and your emotions through the craft. It’s amazing how emotionally attached a writer can get to their own work.

Me: Exactly, I always start cheering when I write about a person getting noticed by her crush, or winning a tournament, or something like that. It’s great fun and makes the characters seem more real, somhow:D. Now what is the hardest thing about writing?

J.B.: The hardest thing about writing is dealing with writer’s block, because there’s no cure to make it go away!

Me: Oh, that’s so true. Like I’ve probably said in other interviews, I really, really HATE having a writer’s block. Do you have any words for your fans?

J.B.: I cannot thank my fans enough for their unwavering support! The fact that they actually take the time out of their days to read MY stories still amazes me, and I am so grateful to them. My fans are the BEST (and no, I’m not biased at all, haha)!

Me: Aww, I’m sure the story is WORTH taking the time for! Everyone, a HUGE applause for @JAYA1014

*Applause as the lights go out*