Chapter 10: wolf kiss

Violet let out a laugh as she beat Silver back to the cabin, but she had a feeling he held back. He disappeared behind the cabin and emerged a few seconds later in dark green cargo pants and no shirt- not that she was complaining.

"Looks like you beat me," he said with a wolfish grin.

Violet gave him a dumb look. "That's because you let me win."

He scratched the back of his neck and gave her a sheepish look. "Shhh, don't tell her okay?" he said cautiously looking around both of them.

"Oh shut up," she gave him a light punch on his torso which made him laugh. Violet laughed too, were they flirting with each other? Footsteps around the side of the cabin caught both their attention as they watched Claire make her way over to them. She wore a tank top- which Violet noticed was a common clothing among female wolves- and she had amazing Michelle Obama arms.

"How was it?" she asked coming to stand in front of them.

"Amazing."

Claire gave a soft chuckle when she saw Violets eyes sparkle, "Good, you know you could be just like Silver and I." she proposed cautiously, careful not to scare her away.

Violet looked between Silver and Clair, "became one of you?"

"Yes, right now you are a wolf that hasn't had their werewolf gene triggered by your pack." Did she want to become one of them? Wouldn't it hurt to shift from a human to a wolf? And what would her family think of her? A myriad of thoughts ran through her as she considered what Claire was suggesting.

"And how would this happen? I just shift on a full moon?" Doubt crept about becoming a wolf, her only reference were movies like Teen wolf or Underworld. She watched as the two shared a look Violet couldn't read, "It can't be that bad, right?" implying their secret look.

"No it's just a big step in your relationship with Silver," Claire said. "For you to be able to shift you need to go through what we call a Mating Ceremony."

It didn't take long for Violet to catch her drift, if the word Mating didn't give it away then the uncertain look on Silver's face would have. "You want me to have sex- to mate with you? I barely know you." She tried to contain her anger but she couldn't help it slip in a few words.

Silver's black eyes searched hers in disbelief, "of course I do, you're my mate." He too tried to keep the anger out of his voice, but it seemed they both had trouble containing their anger.

If Violet wasn't furious then she was now, "How dare you, I'm not your bitch that bends over when you say so." That pun was so intended, but she was too angry to acknowledge it. Silver's nostrils flared as he took in her words, she watched his bare chest rise and fall.

"Well you didn't seem to mind bending over when you were fûcking someone else." A look of pure disgust crossed his face at the thought of her with anybody but him.

This was getting ridicules and she was afraid she'd go loco on his furry ass. "Are you implying I'm not a virgin? Because if I wasn't how the hell would you know?"

He crossed his arms as he looked down at her, "It wasn't that hard, I could still smell him on you when I first met you in the woods." It was true she wasn't a virgin, she was at a party before they left for Silver Mountain. She was friends with him and now that she thought about it she was sure he was a werewolf too. He said something about waiting for his mate and that they shouldn't be doing this, but Violet was drunk and she thought he was on something because she had no idea what he was talking about. How many times had there been a werewolf in her life and she was completely oblivious.

"Yeah well I doubt you're a virgin." She shot back at him and he looked shocked. With a body like that there was no way he went unnoticed and when he didn't answer her she knew she was right. "Exactly, stop patronizing me you hypocrite." Now she wanted to hit him, how dare he get angry at her when he was no better.

Claire finally saw her opportunity and stepped in between the tiny space that separated them, she was sure that one point Violet was going to hit him. With Silver being an Alpha the highest ranking wolf that would not have ended well. "That's enough you two." She placed her hand on her sons shoulder and he looked at her feral like, but backed down. He took well needed steps away from his mate and Violet had a triumphed look thinking that she won, but in turn was actually naïve.

"I want to go home." Violet said asking Claire directly and ignoring Silver.

"Okay, I'll take you home." Claire said.

"You are home, you're just too stubborn to see it." Silver gestured to the surrounding woods.

Violet turned back to Silver who had his back pressed to the cabin, arms folded. "Wherever you are will never be home." She sad still consumed by anger, Silver's canines extended from his top and bottom row of teeth as he bared them to her growling. Violet took an involuntary step back as she watched him stalk towards her; Claire knew better and was already stepping away from him.

He grabbed her arm roughly and pulled her to him, "You wait, you'll come running back to me once you realise I'm the only one who can help you." His warm breath fanned her face in warning as Violet tried to get out of his death grip. His eyes dilated and he shook his head letting her go, she didn't get to say anything because he had shifted right in front of her running back into the woods.

Good little doggy, she thought.

"I think it's time I took you home," Claire gave her a small smile and walked her towards a red Ram truck. Again it was huge and Violet had to exert some effort onto hoisting herself into the front seat. Violet was beginning to see why every wolf had a big car because they were driving in thick forest that was far from a paved road. The ride was silent until Claire pulled into Violet's driveway, "about the Mating Ceremony..."

"I'm not doing it." Violet answered for her.

Claire sighed and looked at Violet, "you have to understand where Silver is coming from, us wolves build our life around finding our mates, we are born incomplete. So when Silver found you he was ecstatic, he came running to me telling me how beautiful you were- and he was right." Claire smiled and grabbed one of Violet's brown curls. "He said you had wild hair and hazel eyes that almost looked golden, but he told me that you didn't know you were a werewolf."

Violet tried to calm her butterflies in her stomach, "That must have been hard to have a mate who didn't know about her existence." She could see Silver wanting to go up to her but stopping himself knowing Violet would've run in the other direction.

"Yes it was hard, but he chose to wait, he's trying to be patient for your sake, but it would be wise to remember Silver has an animal inside of him. An alpha at that being denied the right to claim you."

Violet had watched enough animal documentaries to know Alpha was the leader of the pack. She looked at Claire with understanding. "I'll try to keep that in mind, thank you for the ride."

"Any time Violet. I'll talk to you on the next full moon regarding the Mating Ceremony." Which was a promise, as much as Violet hated to admit it, but that comment meant they would be seeing each other again.

-42679�I��%��