Bring Me Light - Chp 22

"Taylor? May I have a word with you?" I paused at the door by Matt. I smiled at Matt nodding letting him know it was okay and I'd catch up with him.

Turing I walked back over to my English teacher; Mr Hide. Walking over to his desk he sat filled with concern, pity and the slightest bit of disappointment.

Uh, oh.

"Sir, if this is about my essay I'm sorry. I had it written just not typed. I can get it to you by the end of the day. I promise."

He nodded, "I'd like that." He said in appreciation. "Though that's not all." Internally I groaned as my stomach lurched. "Taylor you must understand that as teachers it's our duty also to look out for students not education wise but also emotionally, physically." I gulped "Us as teachers talk Taylor. And recently you have been a lot of that talk. Not only because you're new." He said comfortingly "there was new student talk, than how good you were going and fitting in, your breakdown over your parents death" I winced "and now your slipping grades." I nodded stiffly unable to speak. "All I'm saying is that we understand your different circumstances and we sympathise. But teachers are here to talk to too."

I nodded weakly, "Is that all?" I asked weakly.

He frowned slightly than sighed as he pulled his fingers through his salt and pepper hair, "Of course."

I fled to my room.

***

It was lunchtime though I wasn't hungry, thought I felt as if my heart was hungry to bite through my chest as it vibrated frailly through me. I felt sick. Sick, clammy and queasy.

I gulped as reality crept in; hiding my emotions hadn't worked well, for the teachers to see it was obvious I was failing at acting. Everyone was worried, and if I didn't learn to act I would be sent to a counsellor sooner than later.

Sitting on the edge of my bed my stomach churned and I pressed off the memories again. The past. I was continuously doing so, pushing away reality and hiding in warm and peaceful denial. My stomach and heart had been beaten and stabbed at and I wasn't healing. It was agonizing. Bec and Seth could walk around happily while I was still living in the past. Still.

***

The rest of the day went by in a blur as I kept to my room and isolation.

I called Bec that night "Bec?" I asked.

"Mmmm?"

"Where are we having tea this week?"

She sighed, "I don't know Taylor I've think you've found and scoped every possible food joint possible." She said dryly knowing I was choosing all these places to eat at to avoid eating at the house.

I winced, "Um, I think th-"

She cut over top of me "Home Taylor. You have to face it sooner or later. You can't keep avoiding it." She snapped making me recoil.

"I do-" I began to deny.

"Bull Taylor. You haven't been there since the funeral and you went back to school. You won't even step inside! You know the sooner you face it the sooner you'll heal and move on." She argued her patience and gentle side lost.

I clenched my eyes shut tight holding myself tightly in place.

After minutes of silence Bec broke it, "Pizza place it is. Night Taylor." She said dryly as she hung up not waiting for my reply.

________________________

Click the external link for my Facebook page

So you guys know my drill; vote, comment and maybe give me a fan, yeah? Do it, I dare you ;) Xx

-------------------------------------

All Rights Reserved

Copyrighted Material ©

-------------------------------------