Bring Me Light - Chp 9

My eyes flickered and twitched as I awoke groggily. I moaned and winced as I rolled over. I could hear the soft breathing of someone nearby. My hand softly grazed my face, "Oh" I said shocked sitting up on the bed. My hand instantly flew to my face, head spin, "Oh" I said again. Cautiously I lowered myself back down onto the bed holding my head as it throbbed dramatically.

Yet it seemed sleep was more important as it carried me away.

***

The next time I awoke there was a cool hand on my face; it was relaxing as it caressed the side of my face. As my eyes fluttered open I saw who my company was.

"Hey." I croaked, they smiled weakly as they sat crouched beside the bed. Their hand on my face and their fingers sliding up my tingling face leaving a burning sensation trailing behind. They didn't speak making me grown anxious, "You kay?" I whispered.

They shook their head glancing down at nothing in particular yet avoiding my gaze, "Are you kay Tay?" he finally asked glancing back up.

"Sure why wouldn't I be?" I asked stunned in a whisper.

He smiled miserably, "Wish I could be as positive as you." He said watching his other hand clench and unclenches.

"What you mean?"

"How you can see a light in the fact that someone punched you out last night over nothing."

I smiled, "Better that it was my face and not yours" I said joking weakly.

He smiled half heartedly, not the smile I wanted, I sighed in defeat, "Okay tell me what happened?" I asked worried, his fingers still stroked my face; every now and then they nicked or came close to my lips.

"Well Soph called Matt pretty much as soon as she saw Eric." So Eric was my lovely new friend, "Me and Matt raced over and saw Eric...well kinda like he was gonna attack" he was "than I came over" he paused "Than well he got you instead of me. You instantly collapsed, I mean I still caught you and all but we kinda still sank to the floor. And after a bit of worry and dealing with other things we walked home." He finished. "Well I did, I carried you." He added smiling faintly making me smile back. "I had to take you to my room, I didn't know where your key was and it would have caused a disturbance and maybe trouble."

Instantly I looked up and around, it was daylight, his room seemed to be basic with a deep blue and black theme. "Huh" was all I said smiling as I glanced around, his smell enveloping me, it was intoxicating.

"What?" he asked sceptical, anxious yet slightly amused by my expression.

"I've never seen your room before." He chuckled beside me on the floor, that's when I realised I'd stolen his bed. My gaze met his, "Ben, I'm so so sorry" his fingers nicked the edge of my lip making me trembled beneath his touch again.

He shrugged, "You haven't affected me" he said softly "Well negatively" he added.

I smiled a bit too big as the pain shot through my jaw, "Thanks" I whispered.

He held his hand out as he stood up, "Come on, let's go" I stood up taking his offered hand, my knees cracking as I stood up. My legs swayed as soon as I touched the floor and Ben grabbed my hand tightly.

"Let's see the damage." I muttered.

Ben chuckled, "You look perfect."

I blushed, hopefully lightly, you wish was all I could think sourly to myself.

I swayed as Ben led me over to a mirror; it was a small square framed mirror hanging above a cupboard. Looking in it I giggled looking away burying my face into my shoulder.