Chapter 41

A/N: Getting near the end, guys! Although, until then, here is another update! I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I will writing it!(: And yeah, after this I'll work on 'It Coulda Been Me' and get that finished up. Once that is over, I might work on 'Deeper' or 'Save You Tonight' depending on which one I'm in the mood for.

Until then, we still have this story! I wouldn't want to wish it away too fast as it's my favorite one to write! I know @Miss_Nialler is enjoying the plot, as for @Jamie_Niall_Penguin, nottt soo muchh...

SONG OF THE DAY: Summer of '69 (Nialler sings it so beautifully. I MUST make this the song of the day.)

------------------------------------

Mady

My attention redirected towards the doorway, which Harry and Louis were coming out of. They were heading towards us, advancing a step further every time. This time, they were back in their original clothes, and I was glad. They looked really odd in each other's clothing. It would have to be something to get used to.

Niall's arm was wrapped loosely around my shoulders, and I was still leaning against him. That boy was so beautiful, I don't know what to do with myself. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm lucky to have a guy like him.

Harry plopped down beside me, landing where he wasn't sitting before. I didn't move him though, since Lou was a little insane at times. The green eyed boy rolled over restlessly, making mumbling and groaning noises as he did so. I knew he was joking around to get a laugh, and it sure as hell was working awfully good.

Niall was laughing so hard he didn't know what to do with himself, and for a brief moment Hazza even rolled overtop of me. I chuckled, gently pushing him off me as he groaned.

"Harry.. stop it," I joked with him, and he let me push him away. Nialler was still amused, kicking his legs up between fits of laughter.

"And you, mister," I turned to the blonde, grabbing his shoulders in hopes to hold him still. "You need to settle down. You're getting pretty crazy."

He finally stopped laughing, but there was a faint red color on his cheeks from before. A smile was spread widely across his face, and his blonde bangs were spread around his forehead. His blue eyes fixed on me, and I watched as his chest would rise and fall as he breathed.

The urge to kiss his perfect lips again was so strong now, but I was still able to resist from doing it. Out of no where, Lou jumped on me to pin me down against the couch. I grabbed his hands, trying my hardest to push him off me. I laughed as he did, as his laugh was almost as contagious as Nialler.

Throwing him off of me, I thought it would be a good idea to escape this commotion. When the boys were distracted, I grabbed the railing and headed upstairs to the bedroom that Niall and I share. Ah, it felt so good to say that.

When I walked into the bedroom, I plopped myself down on the bed. I fiddled with my fingers, as they were clasped together on my lap. I looked down at my hands, sighing to myself as I layed down against the pillow.

As I layed against Nialler's pillow, something uncomfortable was poking at my back. I shot back up, rubbing my back where it had hurt. I checked my surroundings, not noticing anything that could be bothering me.

With that in mind, I layed back down. Once again, I felt that irritating sensation of pain in my upper back. Gaining the thoughts, I assumed it would be a smart thing to do to check under the blankets and inside the pillow cases for any trace of items.

I sighed, raising to my feet. I then flipped off the sheets and blankets from the bed onto the carpeted floor.

No sign of anything.

I looked underneath the pillows, checking everything that could possibly be around or near it. I sighed yet again.

Still nothing.

Before giving up, I decided to take one last look inside the pillow cases. I reached my hand in the blonde's pillow, digging for anything that could possibly be inside there. I was just about to pull my hand back out when I thought I felt something, which only made me curious.

I finally found the object that I was looking for, and as of right now it was clenched inside my fist. I slowly pulled my hand out of the pillow, and when I made it out I decided it was the best time to open my hand.

Unclenching my fist, there was a gold ring in the center of my palm. I wonder what that was doing here in a pillow case. I furrowed my eyebrows greatly confused. When I heard soft footsteps coming from the other room, I stuffed the ring into my pocket. I wasn't shocked when Nialler stood in the door way, his eyes staring down at me.

"Mady? When did you come up here?" He asked, a bit on confusion in his voice.

"Oh, uh, when you boys were being insane." I told him calmly, causing him to chuckle the slightest bit. He beamed at me, and I returned the favor.

"Yeah, we are pretty crazy," he said back to me, plopping down beside me onto the bed. Not being able to resist the urge, I opened my mouth to speak.

"Niall.. I have to talk to you about something.." I blurted, biting my lip once it was too little too late. He looked confused.

"Okay, what?" The Irish asked, his hands clasped together on his lap. Strands of his blonde hair poked over his ears, his pinks lips looking full as he smiled.

I took a deep breath, reaching into my pocket to pull out the ring. I still had it clenched in my fist, so he couldn't see what it was yet.

"Well, I found this in your pillowcase. What is it for?" I asked, unclenching my fingers to reveal the piece of jewelry.

Niall's lips parted in amazement, and an expression crossed his face that almost told me he was about to bolt out of the room. With that in mind, I grabbed hold of his arm, looking plainly and calmly into his eyes.

"Nialler, what's going on?"