💚 𝙠𝙮𝙤𝙟𝙪𝙧𝙤 𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙤𝙠𝙪 | 𝙙𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙝𝙞𝙢?

Fluff + Lime~♡
Requested by IntenseGaze
1340 words

i want you to be mine, and only mine

His heart was enraged. He could see them, talking and laughing from a far. The pillar usually had a bright smile plastered in his face. Until now he does, but his emotions say otherwise. To get rid of this bad mood, he decided to lie down on his futon inside his estate. He relaxed a bit and thought about what he was feeling.

Is this love? No. Possibly not. She's just my comrade after all. It's probably just a sense of protection. She's getting too friendly with a guy who brings a demon with him. Yeah, that's it.

That's what he thought. Oh, but you can't deny the fact that the man was in love with his former tsugoku, now a pillar, Y/N. He used to train her, until she became stronger, and now she is a pillar. Y/N was the kindest one out of the pillars, and quickly sided with Tanjiro. She looked at his state and saw that he truly loved his sister. She is chatting with him, and making him feel comfortable. This welcoming chat made someone uncomfortable. Rengoku was a kind and jolly man. But to see the person he loves laughing and smiling at someone else just hurts him. He has never confessed to her, nor was he planning too. Y/N should never be more than a comrade, friend, and companion. That was the relationship they portray, nothing more nothing less. But he wanted a romantic relationship with her, but he knew it was impossible in their world. Romance would just get in the way of their work, and it might not even work out. Heck, Y/N might not even feel the same. His plan to relax diminished, as these thoughts flooded his head.

What if she doesn't like me that way? Am I not good enough for her? Does she like somebody else? Maybe I do love her?

A frown was plastered on his face as those thoughts raced into his head, making him feel down and sad.

Night came upon them. As he was walking back to his room, he noticed Y/N and Tanjiro having another conversation.

"I wish you all the luck in helping your sister turn back."

"Thank you, Y/N-chan."

"Stay safe, ok? I wouldn't want to lose more friends."

"I will. You stay safe too, Y/N-chan."

The talk between the two was suffocating him. Y/N was naturally a kind person, and talking like that to a person was normal. But, they just met, and she already had feared of losing a mere stranger? Rengoku felt jealous. It was as if the jealousy he was feeling was poison and it was slowly intoxicating him. He went straight to his room, and wanted to sleep, so that the thoughts flooding his mind would go. He had never felt this kind of feeling. He has always loved Y/N. He saw her grow into the strong demon slayer she is now. She also had a bright personality. How could he not fall in love with her?