[𝙖𝙪] 𝙤𝙗𝙖𝙣𝙖𝙞 𝙞𝙜𝙪𝙧𝙤 | 𝙞'𝙢 𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮

Angst~♡
AU where Mitsuri dies
1491 words

we value presence in absence

He was crying. The amount of tears in his eyes were too many. You could see so much sadness in his eyes, it was as if it was the end of the world. Well, his world did end. The Love Pillar passed away. She truly was a Love Pillar, for she made everybody around her fall in love with her personality. But with Obanai, it was different. She made him fall in love with her in a romantic way. She now rests, but as for Obanai, his heart cannot rest, it cannot stop loving Mitsuri. He was shattered, heartbroken, depressed. He wanted her to grow old with him, but now that was nothing but a dream, a wish. He was the closest to her grave, while the rest of the pillars stayed at the back. He was kneeling down, weeping. Worried eyes were looking at him. Someone else cared for him, but he just couldn't acknowledge that.

-

Y/N comforted him in every way possible. She made him breakfast, took care of him, always checked on him, and became his shoulder to lean on. Y/N was in love with him, but she couldn't tell him that. The man's heart belonged to someone else. It hurts, but she's alright. She didn't expect it, but a year after the Love Pillar's death, Obanai asked Y/N to be his girlfriend. Of course, she said yes. She was happy, but she noticed a lot of things. Obanai visited Mitsuri's grave everyday if he didn't have a mission, and would spend hours there, talking to her. He would have less time to spend with Y/N, making her sad. She understood that he was still not over her, but it still pierced through her heart. She would see him cry over Mitsuri, and of course, she was there to comfort him as always. It just made her sad that her own boyfriend was crying over another girl.

"Kanroji, I miss you."

"Shh, it's alright. She's always looking after you."

"But I want her to be here with me."

It broke her heart to a million pieces. Gosh, that broke her. Again, she let it slide, and didn't let Obanai see that she was affected.

-

"God, you're such a horrible cook! Mitsuri can do better than this!"

"Mitsuri is so much better than you."

"Can you even do things properly?"

"You're so clumsy. Mitsuri is elegant and caring."

"Why are you like this?"

"Shut up!"

The shouts, the words. It broke her so much. He compared her to Mitsuri countless times, as if saying that would make Mitsuri come back. She cried every night, wishing for him to see her as she is. She wished that he would just learn to love her as much as he loved Mitsuri. But then again, nothing can beat a first love, right?