𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙟𝙞𝙧𝙤 𝙠𝙖𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙤 + 𝙠𝙖𝙣𝙖𝙤 𝙩𝙨𝙪𝙮𝙪𝙧𝙞 | 𝙘𝙤𝙞𝙣

Fluff~♡
Requested by izumiuchiha6
450 words

somebody will always be there

Making decisions is hard. Controlling your life is hard. Kanao just couldn't do any of those by herself. She was too dependent on the orders of others. It was from her trauma. As a child, she experienced poverty, and only received orders from a superior. The time that she got adopted by sisters Kanae and Shinobu, she wasn't able to do things by herself. Kanae passed, and Shinobu was the one who looked after her. Before Kanae passed away, she gave Kanao a coin that she would flip in order to make a decision when not receiving an order. She did that ever since that day.

Kanao wasn't independent. She needed someone to order her to do things. But that day came. The day someone changed her whole life.

Tanjiro was to leave the Demon Slayer Corps. Headquarters and head on for a mission. Before he did however, he wanted to say thank you to Kanao for helping him train. Kanao flipped the coin to make a decision whether to talk to Tanjiro or not. Tanjiro then knew the reason behind why Kanao needed to flip the coin. He had trust and faith in himself and said that if it landed on heads, she would follow her heart, but if it landed on tails, she still had to depend on the coin. Tanjiro flipped the coin. The coin reached higher, making it hard to grab it. He almost stumbled getting the coin, but it was worth it. The coin landed on heads. Kanao was shocked, but at the same time she was at ease. Tanjiro held her hand and told her to always follow her heart now. His kindness, his sweet smile, and how he put that much effort just for her to follow her own heart, sparked something inside her. What was it that she was feeling? She felt butterflies in her stomach (A/N: Yes, pun intended). Was she perhaps... in love? Having a crush? She doesn't know how to describe it. She was confused. It was her first time having this feeling. She let the thought go. Tanjiro left for his mission, leaving Kanao speechless. She doesn't know when he would return, but what she does know is that she cares for his safety, and she's worried for him. She knows that she feels something towards him, whether it may be love or friendship, she truly feels something. Was it love? Friendly love? Possibly trust? Who knows, not even Kanao knows what he feels. This was all because of a simple flip of a coin.

[End]
Hope you enjoyed, and again, sorry for the late request :(