11. A Party?

Chapter Eleven : A Party?

The next few days went by quite in a blur. School is still the same, making me stressful as always. Jackson and I had got closer but not that close. We just started to greet each other when I see him in the hallways.

Tiffany was the one hanging out with me these few days. We would always have lunch together and she would try cracking jokes to make me laugh which makes me end up looking silly when I eat. I'm glad I have found a friend after all this years of loneliness.

It was a Thursday afternoon and I was getting ready to get home. Packing my books at my locker, I heard a familiar cheerful voice.

" Hi, Lei. How's your Art class?" Tiff's voice made me turn around. She was always smiling, that is one thing I admire about her.

" Oh, hey. Art class is boring as always. We were asked to draw animals today. It was horrible!" I said, letting out a sigh. It was indeed horrible. I made a rabbit looked like a pig! Never ask me to draw animals again.

" Tell me about it," she laughed lightly," Oh yeah, I forgot to ask you, are you free tomorrow night?" She raised her eyebrows at me, holding a excited look on her face.

" Of course I'm not, I'm Beyoncé remember? I have a lot of signing to do," I said sarcastically to joke with her.

" Yeah right, I'm so glad to have a best friend who is Beyoncé," she said, rolling her eyes at me," Seriously, are you free or not?"

I nodded and questioned, " Why?"

" Do you know Clarissa Madens?" she asked, making my curiousity grows more in me.

" The popular girl who is dating Connor right?"

" Yup, but they broke up. So, anyway she will be having a party tomorrow night and she invited me," she said and I swear I heard her squeal a little after she finished her sentence. I don't know how she got invited since she isn't that popular but at least not as nerd-headed as me.

I nodded slowly and she continued, " And she said I could bring any friends along too!" She held a big goofy smile on her face, looking at me. Uh-oh, this is not what I'm thinking right?

I looked at her in disbelief. "There's no way I'm going to that party! I'm not a party person, Tiff."

"Aww..so my bestie is going to let me go to a party alone?" she said with her best attempt of puppy eyes looking at me, making me fill with guilt.

Her lips were slightly pouted and I just sighed at last. Her green eyes twinkled with excitement waiting for my approval but I just rolled my eyes at her childishness.

" Okay, okay, cut out the puppy act already. I will go alright?"

Unexpectedly, she literally threw herself at me because I felt like falling down any second. Her warm arms were wrapped against my waist and I stood there, frozen.

I've never been hugged by a friend. Especially a close one. Sure, I get hugs from my mother many times but never from a friend. It felt weird at first but then it felt comforting to have a friend who actually likes you for the real you. I felt like I could depend on someone finally.

After a few seconds, she pulled away from the embrace and gave me a genuine smile.

"Thank you so much, Lei. You're such a great friend," she said with pure gratefulness.

" You're welcome," I replied but I realized something. What am I going to wear for that party? Damn it, I didn't think this through.

I rarely go to parties and it always doesn't go well in the end. I remembered the first time I went to a friend's party in seventh grade and it didn't went well because my mom literally told me to wear a formal dress when I said I didn't know what to wear.

And yep, when I reached the house where the party was, every other person in the house was wearing casual clothes while I stood there like an idiotic bussiness woman. Well, you guessed it- everyone started laughing at me while pointing at me, making jokes about me with their friends.

After that, I went home crying, which is expected of course, for a weakling like me. My thoughts were then interrupted by the sudden voice of Tiff. I forgot she was there already.

She held a worried look on her face and said, " Are you okay? You don't look happy to go to the party. I mean, if you don't want to go-"

I cut her off before she could doubt my willingness to go," No, I'm okay, Tiff. It's just that I rarely go to parties and I just don't know what to wear or do-"

This time, she cut me off before I could finish my sentence by placing a finger on my lips and said, " Leave it to me."

I looked at her suspiciously and she gave me a wink playfully and said, " Don't worry because I'll make you the most gorgeous chick in that party."

What? Heat rose up to my cheeks and I gaped at her, eyes wide opened before I slap her arm playfully while she laughed at my reaction.

" Alright, alright. I was just kidding," she said, chuckling at me. Sometimes, I wonder if all best friends are like that.

I stuck out my tongue at her and crossed my arms around my chest. Being the childish me. She just pinched my nose and gave me her cheerful smile.

" So, it's a deal then? You go to the party but I'll help you with your outfit, okay? " she said, slinging her bag on her shoulder.

" Fine. So you're going to go to my house tomorrow or what?" I asked. I don't always have friends over my house so I'm quite excited if Tiff wants to come over.

" Yep, I'm going to your house tomorrow after school, probably five and dress you up," her eyes twinkled again with excitement, " So you just have to text me your address later."

" Sure, I'll text you later."

" Okay, then it's set," she clasped both of her hands together like she accomplished a goal, " Well, I have to go now, see ya, Lei."

We waved goodbyes and she went towards a car outside the school compund. Once she left, I could feel the same old feeling creeping back to me again- loneliness.

Why haven't my mom arrived yet? It's been a while already. I was going to take out my phone and text Lei my address but I heard a faint honk. It was my mother. Quickly, I went towards her car and greeted her. She grinned at me while I leaned back in my seat, deep in my thoughts. Along the way home, I couldn't stop thinking about the party or what I'm going to wear or who I'm going to meet there.

Maybe Jackson will be there.

- - - - - - - -
A/N
Merry late Christmas guys! :)
Sorry I couldn't make my update on Christmas and sorry again if I make a lot of mistakes in any chaps! I'm planning on many ideas for the next few chapters and I'm also trying my best to edit all the chaps when I'm free.

Stay online! Love you all <3
Remember to..
VOTE/
COMMENT/
SHARE.
Don't be a silent reader!

Hugs,
Daphne x