16. Blurred

Chapter Sixteen : Blurred

"Hello? Earth to Miss Parker?"

I blinked a few times at the image of a hand waving up and down in front of my face. I looked up and saw Tiffany raising her eyebrows at me, clearly irritated with me. I stared back down at my food and poked the meatball in my spaghetti before rolling it back and forth on the plate.

I heard Tiff sighed and I could imagine her rolling her eyes at me.

"Hey, I know you're still feeling bad about the party but honestly, you can't keep feeling bad about some tiny problem and ignore me the whole day right?"

I diverted my gaze back to the worried blue eyes in front of me and remembered someone who has blue eyes too. Jackson.

Tiff shrugged her shoulders and scooped a mouthful of her mashed potato into her mouth before saying,"Well, seems like you're going to ignore me."

" I'm sorry, I just wanted to clear my mind for a while."

" Haven't you got enough time to clear your mind? It's Monday, for God's sake!"

I pushed my fork into the meatball on my plate. It's true. I am taking things too seriously. I don't even have an appetite and I couldn't sleep the last few days. A rush of guilt flowed over me and I felt bad for Tiff for keeping it up for me.

"I'm so sorry, okay? I know I probably sound insane but I just can't get my thoughts straight these few days," I replied, putting a hand on my forehead, " I'm trying to."

Tiff gave me a look and then just continued eating her food while others at the cafeteria also rushed to eat their food as time was running out. I quickly took my plate and disposed it without eating before heading off without Tiff.

I feel like a horrible person. I shouldn't let Tiff get into the stupid problems I have for myself. She deserves better. Standing in front of my locker, I got out the books ready for my class in two minutes.

Before I shut my locker door, a hand stopped me. A manicured hand with bright pink nail polish. Oh no.

" Leighton Parker. Haven't talked in like, hmm..weeks?" Cassie stood there, leaning on the lockers beside mine, showing off her high heeled boots and designer clothes which didn't suit her.

Great, now I have to deal with this.

" Cassie," I acknowledged.

She gave a snort kind of laugh (which she doesn't do in front of boys) and sent me a look of disgust at my clothes.

" Plain long skirt and a blouse," she snorted again," What a pity. That's an outfit for an old woman. No wonder no one even cares about you or likes you." Her words truly stabbed into the back of my heart.

Two girls came from behind her and it was her usual "bitches" gang. Stephanie and Nicole.

Cassie looked at them and nod her head towards my locker and they moved towards me, pushed me aside hastily and grabbed all my books and tossed it all over the floor. What in the world? What are they trying to do? They're going to bully me till when?

" Stop! Stop!," tears rolled down my cheeks as I tried to push aside both of them but my hair was jerked behind by
Cassie.

She pulled my hair as she held my face close to her and spat out," This is what you get for being so close to Jackson, you little slut!"

She harshly pushed me onto the floor and confusion flooded me as my head started to spin because of getting pushed around.

The room looked like spinning in a slow and blur motion. I could see translucent streaks of light entering my half-opened eyes that showed people laughing and others walking down the corridor without caring. The loud noise of people talking and laughing slowly faded out as the world turnt darker and darker until nothing.

--
A/N
It's a short chapter because I'm going to update regularly from now on, maybe once or twice a week? Depends on my mood, really. Tsk tsk I'll have a higher chance to be inspired to write more if you guys get me more votes!

Anyways, I know I say this like a lot of times and it may be tiring but I just wanted to thank everyone who supported me in this book because honestly, I wouldn't continue if no one actually reads or votes. I know some silent readers and I'm just gonna give you a note : Do not stay silent! I love comments so feel free to state anything.

That's all! Smile because someone loves you.

Please..
VOTE/
COMMENT/
SHARE.

Love,
Daphne x