31. Tell Me

Chapter Thirty One : Tell Me

Have I told you that Jackson's mansion is well-guarded with security cameras and buffy men in security suits? Well, now you know. A robber wouldn't even think once about breaking into this house. The security here is as firm as the Great freaking Walls of China.

I nearly (nearly!) had to do a full body check when I walked through the gates if Jackson hadn't stopped them and told a sturdy tall man this: "It's alright, Dave. She's my friend."

Talk about the chills I got just from stepping onto the cold marble tiles in the huge house. I followed Jackson to the sitting room and tried my best not to gasp out loudly every minute like the ultimate loser I am. Jackson, however, just shrugged casually when he showed me the best rooms in the mansion as if saying "Meh. It's just where I live everyday. Nothing much, really."

I also found out that Jackson has a golden retriever which is 2 years old named Didi. He seemed to like me a lot which was a relief because I love dogs and I don't want to be despised by one, ever.

Finally, after a whole ooh-and-aahs session for me during the tour around the place, we ordered pizza and settled down in the lounge. To be honest, Jackson could just ask his family chef (yes, he has one, 'WOW' I know right?) to cook but he told me he was bored of eating 'high-class' food everyday and he wanted a simple delivery pizza for now.

I was sitting on a beanie seat while Jackson sat on the couch beside me with his giraffe legs stretched out in front of him. I looked around and admired the paintings in the room while we ate the pizza hungrily. Students are always so goddamn hungry after school, am I right?

In a few minutes, we finished the pizza and cleared everything up. I felt oddly comfortable, like as if I've been doing this with Jackson for many times. It's almost like... we're friends or something. I mean, are we even friends at all?

"What are you thinking?" Jackson asked me, his smirk reappeared on his face.

Shy, I just shook my head. I don't want to embarass myself if I told him what I was thinking.

"Hmm...," he continued, staring at me with his mesmerizing blue eyes. Ugh, my weakness.

"It's nothing, really," I implied. I began to examine the white carpet under my feet. It looked so clean and white. I wondered how high the maintainence cost of this mansion is.

"I haven't gotten my revenge," Jackson stated, startling me from my focus on the white carpet.

"What?"

"My revenge, remember? For rejecting me as your honourable lab partner for that pussy guy," he replied and I flinched when he referred Austin as 'that pussy guy'. He's not even a pussy. Yes, he gets too nervous sometimes but he's really sweet and kind.

"Right," I mumbled under my breath. I felt my heart rate accelerate.

He started, "So you'll need to play a game of Truth with me." Truth?

"You'll have to answer all of my questions honestly and if you're caught lying, you will pay for it. Oh yeah, and you cannot ask me any questions because it's supposed to be my revenge so it should be unfair to you," he finished smugly, loving the taste of control on his tongue.

"Whaa-"

"No more whats," he cut me off, "You'll need to accept it or I might worsen my revenge." What an evil boy.

"Fine," I sighed unhappily. It's just telling the truth, right? How bad can it be? I'm pretty sure I don't have any huge secrets.

He gave me a cute smile, obviously glad that I accepted to play this stupid Truth game with him.