4. Problems

Chapter Four : Problems

I splashed water at my face and stared at my image in the washroom mirror. My eyes were still watery from my tears and my vision was still blurry. My hair was still as messy as ever. I sighed.

Why am I so weak? This question kept running through my mind everytime. I don't know why and how can I be strong. I should be used to those words of pain by now but I just can't. Each time, the pain only gets deeper and my only stupid way of solving it is crying.

" Idiot," I muttered to myself while another tear trickled down my cheek.

After that, more tears I couldn't hold back anymore flowed furiously down my cheeks. I slid my back down the washroom wall and weeped to myself on the floor while hugging my knees , feeling helpless.

Just then, I heard the door opened. Came in a girl about my age wearing a bright yellow polka-dot blouse with flashy jeans and she was beaming from ear to ear. She reminded me of a cheerful and happy kid playing on the swings, having nothing to worry about in this world who was definitely opposite of me.

I wiped my cheeks and held my tears and got up from the floor slowly. I needed to get out of there to avoid embarrasing myself further. But then, I heard the girl spoke.

" Hey, are you alright?" she said in a polite and cheery tone.

" Uh, yeah, I'm alright," I replied quickly and covered it with a forced smile.

She realized my forced smile and teary eyes so she spoke further, " Do you need help? You don't look fine. I can always help you out if you want. I'm Tiffany."

She held out her hand to me. She had a worried look on her face and I saw pity in her eyes again. Dang it, I don't like those. All my life I've been depending on those eyes. No. I wanted to tell her but I knew I would literally break her happy and cheerful heart so I didn't.

" It's okay. I'm great. Bye, I-I have to go," I replied in a weak voice, trying not to break my voice from crying again. With that, I quickly walked past her and rushed out the door before she could say more.

Then, I went to take my bag from my locker, ignoring the chattering along the corridors, to get home. It was a tiring day and I didn't want it to be any worse. Immediately, I ran to the front entrance and sure enough, I saw my mom's car pulled up in one of the parking spaces. I entered the car and greeted my mom with the best smile I can do.

" What's taking you so long, dear?" she asked while starting to drive out of my school.

I sighed and tried to think of the best excuse because there is no way I'm telling my mom that I was getting bullied or cried so I managed a lie.

" Sorry, I needed to go to the library to return my book," I lied. It wasn't the best excuse and I didn't like lying to my mom either.

" Okay, just make sure you'll be earlier next time, Leigh," she said in a less worried tone.

" Alright."

I reached my house in like ten minutes and I got off the car with my bag. My house isn't that big and it isn't that small either. It is more like a comfortable-sized house just right for a family of four. And yes, it means me, my mom, my elder sister, Lyra and you could add my dad too eventhough he rarely come home as he is always travelling or doing something busy so you rarely can find him at home. Well, you can't blame him as he is a real busy bussiness man. It's always been us three so yeah, it gets pretty lonely for me.

On the other side, my sister, Lyra, is totally the opposite of me. She is always the famous, the pretty and the smart one in school unlike me. She has slender body and more of golden brown hair like my dad which falls perfectly anyway she combs it and hazel brown eyes like me and her face features are just gorgeous. Everything that I don't have was what she has. She is way prettier than me and even her teeth are way better and straighter than mine. Sometimes, I just can't help but feel a slightest bit of jealousy in my heart. Boys are just all stumbling upon her and every girl wanted to be her friend in her school. It's really amazing and funny how looks can pretty sums up how your life is gonna be.

How I wish I could be like her. But the thing is, she and I just don't mix well. We are not close to each other as she is always hanging out with her friends on most days or she'll be in her room doing her own stuff, ignoring me completely. She said that my fashion senses are just so awful and she tried to have makeup on me once but I kept refusing so she literally got pissed off and said that I never want to do things with her as I kept pushing her away.

The truth is I really am not those kind of girls who put makeup or have nice fashion senses. This is why I don't feel comfortable with her asking me to do that. But after she got mad, she shut me out of her life and always give me a glare when she sees me. The glare that says ' Get away, you're so mean. I don't like people like you.' That also reminded we don't get along well so I kind of feel sad about it until now. I always tried to talk to her but whenever I see her, I just couldn't have the courage to speak so she'll always be walking away from me when I stayed silent.

Ugh. Why do I have to be so weak? I asked myself for the hundredth time today. I groaned and got into my room fast and threw myself on my bed. So tired. I was finally happy when I'm in my bed. It's always like this. I felt sleepy and my eyes were getting heavier and heavier. Soon, I couldn't lift my eyelids anymore so before I knew it, I was fast asleep soundly.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N

Hey guys! It's been a while since I updated because of my exam. Sorry because this is just a filler chapter.

I hope you'd be patient because I'm planning to make the next chapter more interesting :')

xoxo