My Birthday, My Rules.

ⓒAnoushkaAjoy

Chapter 22: My Birthday, My Rules.

Zoe and I arrived at the dining table on time and we were just about to sit down when Austin arrived in a black button down and dark wash jeans, His hair still wet from having a bath.

He looked gorgeous. He sat next to me, while Zoe sat next to Audra while his dad sat at the head of the table.

Dinner was served and I took a huge portion of steak and salad.

"Honey, How do you manage to remain healthy without dieting?" Audra stared at my plate in amazement.

"High metabolism, I guess?" I said embarassed.

"Don't be embarassed Emma, Mom does pilates regularly to stay in shape and she has to watch her diet." Austin exclaimed.

Austin said glaring at his mother.

"I think you look fine Mrs. Daniels." I said giving her a soft smile. Trying to stop an upcoming argument.

We continued to eat in silence, tension thick in the room.

"How are your studies going? Nothing less than an A plus, I hope?" His mother exclaimed giving him a stern look.

"You can continue hoping." He said giving his mother a cold look.

"Austin, that's enough!" Austin's father exclaimed in rage.

"STOP TRYING TO ACT LIKE YOU CARE AND TRYING TO CONTROL ME!" His voice filled with anger as he screamed

"IF YOU LISTENED TO US, MAYBE WE WOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO CONTROL YOU!"

"OR MAYBE IF YOU ACTUALLY BOTHERED TO RAISE ME PROPERLY YOU WOULDN'T HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM TO BEGIN WITH." With that he ran out of the room leaving his food untouched.

"I'm sorry for his behaviour Emma, He should know we work hard for them and not for us, How is he doing in studies?" She asked.

"He's doing well." I simply said and went back on concentrating on ny food.

I couldn't eat anymore and after his father was done he excused himself.

Audra simply sighed and gave me a tight lipped smile and went along with him.

"Don't worry I'm used to this." Zoe said softly toying with her food.

This little eight year old was observant.

"It wass like this almost everyday, atleast Austin was there." She said softly giving a sad smile.

"Excuse me." She said as she left the dining room.

Great. I completely lost my apetite and took my plate to the kitchen.

"Oh, honey you didn't have to bring the plate." A woman in her fifties exclaimed taking the plate away from me.

"Did they leave you alone?" She asked. I simply nodded and she sighed.

"Did Austin eat his dinner?" I shook my head.l

She quickly got out a huge bowl of spaghetti fit for 5 people and quickly heated it up.

She served a big chocolate cake and two glasses of milk.

"For you and Austin, My name is Rosa, I am the nanny and cook of this household."

"Emma." I said giving her a huge smile.

Deciding to salvage the night I took the dinner towards the pool area with his gift and ran quickly to his room.

I softly knocked, "Austin, let me in, It's me Emma."