Chapter 13 - the start of something new....

"Have you ever been heartbroken Auntie Gwen?"

Chris was sitting on the floor crossed legs. Staring straight at Gwen's grave.

"Because I have" Chris sniffles "and I feel like my heart is broken"

He picks up a dead Rose "I feel like this" he says gesturing to the Rose "dead"

He twirls it between his fingers, petals were flying off the flower. Lying flat on the ground.

"Every petal is like bits of my heart breaking" Chris croaks "how do you get over a broken heart auntie Gwen?"

He sits there crying trying to figure out what to do next.

"I knew you weren't okay!"

Chris gasps and turns around to see Alec. He wipes his tears "I-I'm f-fine r-really"

"No you’re not" Alec says coming over to sit next to Chris.

He looks up and Alec "my heart hurts" he sobs out hiding his face on Alec's chest. "It hurts so much"

"I know" Alec mumbles into Chris hair "I know"

They stay in that position. Alec letting Chris tears soak up his shirt.

"I've ruined your shirt" Chris says to Alec giving him a rough, broken giggle.

"It's okay" Alec says making Chris look at him. "You okay now?"

Chris nods his head and Alec gives him an unsure look "I'm fine Alec really"

Alec smiles softly before turning to the gravestone. "Who's that?" He asks

"My auntie Gwen" Chris replies sniffling and wiping his nose "she died before I was born"

"Oh I'm sorry" Alec says.

"Don't be" Chris says "its fine but I like to come to talk to her if that's not weird"

"I don't think it's weird" Alec says.

Chris looks up at Alec and they both stare into each other's eyes. Alec leans forward and Chris eyes widen as he realises that he's going to kiss him.

"Alec" Chris says softly placing a hand on Alec's chest "I can't"

"Yes you can" Alec says leaning his head against Chris. "Don't you want to move on?"

Chris nods her head.

"Do you have feelings for me?"

Another nod comes from Chris.

"Then-"

"Will you hurt me like Amber did?" Chris interrupts him.

Alec immediately shakes his head "I would never do that I-"

Chris interrupted him again, this time with his lips.

When Chris pulls away. Alec smiles widely.

"W-would you like to go on a date with me?" Alec asks

"Yeah, I like that" Chris smiles.

Maybe, he could start fresh, start something new.

Gwen was watching in the distance, she smiles softly at the adorable pair. “You don’t need my help” she says softly “I think you’re going to be just fine”

Hello

This will be the last time I update before Christmas so…

MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS :) :)  

Vote, Comment, Follow

Hannah xx