Chapter 3 - first birthday.

"Happy birthday to you" Ianto says walking into the room to see the now one year old boy sitting up in his crib playing with his teddy.

The boy looks up "papa". He makes grabby hands at Ianto and Ianto picks him up from the crib and places the boy on his hip.

"Your first birthday" Ianto says happily kissing the kids cheek.

Jack opens the bedroom door and sees Ianto and Chris and smiles before walking over to them and wrapping his arms around Ianto's waist from behind. He places his chin on his husband's shoulder "I was wondering where you went" Jack says before turning to Chris.

"Happy birthday to you" Jack sings taking the child out of Ianto hands.

Ianto smiles before heading to the kitchen to make coffee. Jack comes into the kitchen and puts Chris in his high chair before going over to Ianto and does what he did to Ianto in the bedroom, wrapping his arms around Ianto's waist from behind.

"I can't believe he's one" Jack says looking through the window to the street of Cardiff, today it was sunny.

"Time flies" Ianto replies turning his head to peck Jack on the lips.

Jack smiles and let's go of Ianto and goes to sort out Chris's breakfast.

12 O'clock

"So where's the birthday boy" Rhys says coming into the house with Emma following behind.

Ianto closes the door "Jack's getting him ready"

Then suddenly Chris comes walking into the room with Jack walking behind him.

"Uncle" Chris squeals opening his arms so Rhys can pick him up.

Rhys picks him up and tickles him a little, the one year old giggles "Happy birthday to you"

Emma gives Ianto Chris present "Thanks for inviting us"

"It's no problem"

Rhys was chasing Chris around the living room. While Ianto, Jack and Emma was sitting down talking.

Before they knew it was 10 o'clock and Rhys and Emma were saying goodbye. After they said goodbye Ianto came back in the living room to see Jack not there. Chris was asleep.

Jack came back into the living room "We forgot the cake"

Ianto laughs before walking over and wrapping his arms around Jack’s neck "I don't think he noticed, he had fun"

Jack nods looking down on the floor to see all Chris toys "Right I'll clean up and then we can watch a movie"

Vote, Comment, Follow

Hannah xx