Chapter 31 [And Intro for the Second Book]

The second book is called Hiding Behind A Name. Get it now on all major platforms!

————

Chapter 31

Q⃟uill Henson dreams of the girl, the girl who died that day. The girl who will never be a problem again, and the girl he had wanted to choose to be the next Leader of the Clans. He dreams of that night over and over. The people, the shouts, the blood, the boy that ran up the steps to kneel at her side, Banshee... How did things get so out of control?

The good news is, for Quill, is that everyone returned back to normal. They buried the body and people soon forgot about Becca Reed. She's a whisper to the wind long forgotten.

He wakes with a start, something in his dream startling him. His room is twice as large as anyone else's in the city because he is the Leader of the Clans, and there seems to be something wrong. Everything is lighter than normal. It's not supposed to be this light yet.

He feels a breeze on his face. His face? But his mask...

He reaches up to touch skin.

Something creaks above him. He looks up to see his mask on someone else in the rafters above his bed.

It drops to the floor, a figure cloaked in black slowly standing up before him. He sits straight in bed, his blood running cold.

"Help!" He cries.

The figure with his mask shakes its head and points to the window above his bed. It's open.

He looks back to where the figure was.

It's gone.

In its place is a mask. Its colors are strange in the moonlight as Quill slowly gets out of bed, his feet touching the white carpet of the Light Clan's living quarters. He reaches for it and lifts it up so he can see.

The colors are dark on the front, and sparkles in different places as the pale moonlight slips through the open window. The mask looks partially melted, and as he turns it over, he realizes there is just enough light to read the words written in red on the white paint, two words scratched out with red and another word right above it.

Find Becca Reed

. . .

------------

So that's it. I mean, unless you want me to make a second book! Please vote and comment below on what you think about the ending and if I should make a second book or not.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this. Please vote and share and tell the world about it. It will be available in print on Lulu.com as soon as I edit it! I've had a blast talking to everyone who has commented on this and I'm so happy that it's reached over 1K reads. You really have no idea what that means to me!

Thanks again y'all, you have been amazing and I love all of you!

And remember, never hide behind a mask. Be proud to be Maskless <3