Chapter 65

Chapter Sixty Five

The bell rings and I head out to my car. Erica and I talking about Trace earlier really helped. I think talking about Cameron helped her too. We're both going through a rough time right now and talking about it certainly makes a difference.

I also figured out what I needed to do. If Trace won't talk to me at school then I'll just have to go by his house. Or, his apartment.

If I show up there he'll have to talk to me, right? He wouldn't kick me out or tell me to leave. All I want to do is apologize. Once I tell him how badly I screwed up, all I can do is hope he'll take me back.

Even if I don't deserve it. I want him. I miss him and it's only been a day. The longer it takes for me to fix things between us, the more time we've spent away from one another. That's time wasted. Any day without your best friend is a day wasted.

If I go to his apartment, I'll be able to make things right. All I can do now is hope he'll accept me again. Welcome me back into his life with open arms and I'll promise to never step out of them again.

When I get there, I realize I don't know what room he's in.

The lady behind the desk tells me and I grin. Of course it'd be on the lower level. He'd never be able to go up and down an elevator everyday.

"If your wishing to speak with Trace you're out of luck. He hasn't been back today." she says with a polite smile.

"Oh."

Where is he? School ended over an hour ago.

The simplest solution to this would be for me to just send him a text or call his number. But I don't want to do that. If he see's the phone ringing then all he has to do is ignore the call. Then my chance to get him back is blown, and I never even stood a chance.

I have to do this in person. I want to be able to see his reaction when I tell him I was stupid, that I do trust him. Because that's the truth. I should've never doubted him. All he's done is come through for me every single time I've needed it.

So now it's my turn. And I'll do whatever I need to in order to get him back.

I decide to wait in the parking lot for a few hours. If Trace comes then I'll see him pull up and we can talk.

Adalyn and I have plans to write our graduation speeches in two hours though. But I'll wait until I have to leave.

Half an hour goes by.

Nothing.

An hour goes by.

Still nothing.

It's time for me to leave and...

Trace is still not here.

Where is he? He should've been back by now. It sucks not being able to call him and check up. He's probably just out with the kids. I know how he likes taking them to the park sometimes after school. It's a beautiful day so I'm sure that's where he is.

Adalyn answers the door and I walk inside.

As soon as she see's me, I'm engulfed in a hug.

"What happened with you at lunch today? You went after Trace then never came back."

Yeah, that's what happened.

"We're taking a break right now. I didn't trust him and that ended up hurting the both of us."

"Awe, I'm sorry baby." She grabs my shoulders, looking at my face, "But you don't need him.  You're a bad bitch."

I laugh lightly, "Thanks, but I do need him."