6. Teaching Nala To Sit

Chapter 6: Teaching Nala to Sit

 Ficmas day 2

 Monday 1st December 2014

 “Aww! They’re so cute!” Poppy, Alfie’s sister, cooed.

 Nala and her brother Buzz, who Alfie had bought his parents, were cuddling together in a grey, fluffy dog bed Alfie had bought them.

 I stroked Nala’s head and her tongue poked out her mouth and she gave a satisfied whine.

 Alfie got his camera out and begun vlogging so I took a seat on the sofa, out of shot.

 “This is Buzz, sleeping. And Nala’s falling asleep as well. She loves this bit, yeah there being rubbed.” Alfie motioned to his upper chest. “Last night she woke up at 1 in the morning and I could hear her making little whiny noises so I took her out for a wee and she wouldn’t quiet down unless I cuddle and stroked her here.” Alfie repeated the motion.

 It was adorable seeing Alfie so excited over this little pug. He had wanted one since I could remember and I was so thankful that I could be part of his life and witness him finally getting Nala.

 I looked up towards the TV and frowned as some weird programme was on.

 Alfie voiced my thoughts as he pointed the camera at the TV “What are you guys watching on TV?”

 Everyone seemed so indulged in the puppies that the TV had just been a diegetic background noise.

 I found Nala’s pink chew toy next to me on the sofa so held it out on the floor for her and called her name. She had gotten pretty good at recognising her name when Alfie and I called it. The easy bit was done…now for the training.

 “We should probably head back now; I’ve got a ton of editing to do.” Alfie sighed.

 “Come round with Nala again soon!” Alfie’s mum insisted.

 “Oh we will, the cuteness is too hard to resist!” I laughed.

 We waved goodbye to Alfie’s parents, Poppy and Sean and Nala had her little goodbye with Buzz. Alfie carried her down to my car and we popped her in her little car bed to protect her then I began to drive back to our house.

 The new house was closer to Alfie’s parents than either of our apartments were which was useful, it meant we could see them more and if either of us needed a dog sitter we were sorted.

 As soon as we got home Alfie headed to his office to do editing for his daily vlog. I decided to have some chill time as I was procrastinating all the work I still had to begin. Nala was rejuvenated from her sleep in the car and was bouncing around. I found it hilarious when she padded up to the mirrored French doors and caught her reflection. She started barking and spinning in circles, thinking that there was another dog. It was so adorable that I had to steal Alfie’s vlogging camera and capture it.

 As Nala was running around her little paws kept slipping on the laminate floor and I don’t think I’d ever witnessed something more adorable.

 I didn’t realize how long I had been playing with Nala until Alfie came in and started calling Nala’s name. His arms wrapped around my waist and he rested his chin on my shoulder.

 “Mmmmm” he sighed.

 I melted into his embrace and sigh in contentment.

 “I’m so excited for New York” Alfie breathed out.

 I had briefly forgotten the trip I had bought Alfie to New York for his birthday for this Christmas with everything going on.

 “Me too! I’m gonna miss this little one though!” I pouted, glancing down at Nala who was dragging her pink flamingo toy that was the size of her around.

 Nala released a bark, almost agreeing with me. This cracked me and Alfie up and we went to sit on the floor.

 “Put your legs like this!” Alfie told me, spreading his legs out in a triangle shape and joining them with mine. He placed Nala in the middle and called her name, teaching her to respond.

 “Nala!” Alfie called in a high pitched voice. Her head sprung up and she glanced around before trotting over to Alfie.

 “Good girl, Nala!” Alfie praised and petted her fur “Good girl!”

 “Nala! Nala over here!” I called back, she spun round and her little pink tongue hung out her mouth as she excitedly strode across to me.

 “Yes Nala! Well done!” I patted her and gave her a treat.

 The treats we had given her before were too big and she had no clue what to do with them so just walked around with it in her mouth, we had to get smaller ones to train her and she still struggled with them. I couldn’t describe how cute and small and adorable she was.

 Nala ran back to Alfie and curled up on his lap as she stroked her.

 I stood up “Nala sit!” I commanded, holding the treat above her head and waiting for her to sit still. She surprised me by following the command and repeated it perfectly as I tried it several more times, each time rewarding her with a treat.

 “We forgot to set the playmobile advent calendar up!” I suddenly remembered the calendars we had bought in a toyshop the other week.

 “Oh yeah! I can’t believe it’s getting so close to Christmas! Have you got any of those other advent calendars company’s sent you?” Alfie questioned while glancing adoringly down at Nala.

 “Yeah, Benefit sent me on in my PO box aswell as the body shop. Yankee candle did too actually, I didn’t even know that they sold one!” I replied, getting even more excited for Christmas.

 Alfie chuckled “That’s about £200 worth of advent calendar right there.”

 I shook my head, still not believing that these companies would send me such expensive products for me showing them less than 10 seconds on camera. “It’s ridiculous isn’t it.”

 “Don’t worry, I’ll share the lip-glosses with you!” I cheekily winked at Alfie.

 “Hmm I can think of a better way to get that on my lips…” Alfie winked, attempting to be seductive but just ended up looking like a predator.

 I couldn’t help but burst into laughter along with Alfie, Nala turned her head side to side looking at us, confused.

 Today was the perfect day.

A/N: Sorry its a 9 in the evening but it's still FICMAS DAY 2!! I did it! 22 more days to go!

Let me know if you guys like this idea cos it takes me a long time to write and I'm missing "I'm a celebrity get me out of here" pahahah.

A lot of you seemed to like the last chapter which made me happy.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to get 40 votes and 30 comments on this chapter before I upload tomorrow! Do you think you can make this happen?!

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

ADD TO READING LIST

twitter @malikgangUK