5. Nala

Chapter 5: Nala

Ficmas Day 1
(Sunday 30th November 2014)

A lot had happened in the last several months. Alfie and I’s relationship had heavily progressed and we decided to buy a house together. When I first met Alfie at the Youtube gathering I never thought we would end up living together. Things had gotten pretty crazy recently. Alfie and I were both in love with Brighton so couldn’t bring ourselves to move away. It was pretty sad having to leave my flat, I’d made it a home in the time I’d lived there but the new house was amazing. I don’t think I could picture us living anywhere else; the fact that we each had our own office for filming was one of the best parts. Although I loved Alfie, he can get a bit loud sometimes, especially while filming so having my own productive space was a must.

Speaking of that…over the last couple of months Alfie has been pushing himself so hard. He’s daily vlogging and doing gaming videos as well as uploading main channel videos. I honestly don’t know how he can do it, I see him a little less now as he spends longer editing away. That’s why moving in together was such a good idea, with us living in different places and Alfie being so busy we didn’t see each other as much.

“Zoe!” Alfie called out across the house.

God, I don’t understand why men do that…just come into the room we are in!

“Yes Alfie?” I called back.

“Steve’s here!”

I raised my eyebrows and shot up from my chair where I was editing. Steve Booker was a good friend of Alfie’s and visited now and then. We had grown to be pretty good friends since he had started hanging out more with Alfie. He was a funny guy.

“Steve!” I called fondly as I ran through the house.

“Zoeeeee!” he mimicked.

I rolled my eyes and embraced him in a hug.

“I didn’t know you were coming down tonight!” I accused.

Steve shrugged his shoulders sheepishly “Alfie asked if I was free and the drive down here isn’t too bad.”

I snuck a glance at Alfie to see him grinning at Steve.

“Movie and pizza?” Alfie suggested brightly.

Steve looked at me, I looked at Alfie, Alfie looked at Steve.

We all simultaneously nodded our heads slowly.

“Yeah boiii!” Steve exclaimed.

“Alright, well I’ll leave you two to order and just go and finish off this edit.” I smiled and waved as a skipped back through to my office.

I put the finishing touches onto me and Tanya’s collab video “Christmas Song Challenge” and smiled. Whenever I filmed with Tan it always made me giggle.