The News

A small group of Hollywood Arts students, including the titular gang, were getting down to a fresh beat Andre was playing on his piano key locker. Some of the kids joined Andre with instruments of their own, including a saxophone, while others started free style dancing. Tori and Beck danced with each other, as did Cat and Robbie, who participated in a quick and cute nose nuzzle. Everyone was having a great time, which Helen immediately noticed as she came down the stairs. She smiled at the students briefly before approaching them.

"Alright, alright, y'all," Helen called. "As much as I hate to bust up your fun, y'all need to get to class." The students moaned in disapproval as they dispersed from Andre's locker, and Cat frowned sadly as she watched them go.

"Oh, phooey," she lamented. "I like locker parties."

"Well, there's always after lunch, Little Red," Andre assured her.

"Yay!" Cat cheered.

"Anyway, I'll catch with up y'all in a minute," Andre said. "I need to get some books from my locker."

"Alright, but you don't wanna be late again," Tori warned.

"Yeah, no one wants to hear about Sikowitz missing a bus and hitchhiking with an old gypsy again." Beck cringed at the memory. Andre smirked at his friends, and watched as they went on their way. He smiled to himself when he saw Beck put his arm around Tori. The songwriter still remembered it like it was yesterday. He had spent so much time beating himself up when his feelings for Jade reignited, but now he was with her and Beck was happy with Tori. Things couldn't have worked out better.

"Andre!" Jade briskly came up to her boyfriend and startled him, causing him to drop some of his books. He quickly turned around and revealed to Jade the sheepish look on his face.

"I, uh, meant to do that," he stammered. Jade did not seem like she was in the mood today; she had distress painted all over her face.

"Babe?" Andre became concerned. "You okay?" Jade nervously chewed her bottom lip and suddenly grabbed his wrist, leading him toward the janitor's closet.

"Uh, we're gonna be late for Sikowitz's class," Andre informed her on the way, not in the mood for the gypsy story. Once they reached the door, Jade whipped it open and pulled Andre inside with her. Then she slammed it shut and began to massage her temples. Her boyfriend frowned at her with worry and placed a baby soft hand on her waist where her skin was showing under her black crop top. Even now, it made her stomach do a flip. She crossed her arms around her chest and took a deep breath.

"My parents want to meet you," she spoke softly and kept her eyes down. Andre looked left, then right, and back down at her without moving his head.

"Sooo," he did not hide his confusion. "That's it?" His girlfriend scowled at him.

"You don't get it. You already know my parents love to criticize everything I do."

"Yeaaah?" Now Andre was afraid he knew where this was going.

"You're the first guy I've been with that... you know..." Jade rubbed her left arm with her hand as she groped for the right words. Andre removed his hand, frowned at her, and pursed his lips before he spoke.

"And you think they're going to have a problem with that?" He kept his voice low.

"My dad's more likely to," she admitted. "Not like I care what he thinks of me but I will care if he says anything... weird to you." Jade looked up into her boyfriend's face nervously and was surprised to see him smiling. His arms enclosed around her waist and pulled her so close there was no space between them. She wrapped her hands around his neck.

"You know," Andre murmured, "I was worried you was gonna say you didn't wanna be together anymore." His lips were inches from her ear as he spoke, sending a shiver down her spine. She bit her bottom lip as she smiled.

"You should know better then that, dummy," Jade cooed back. She emitted a pleasurable sigh when Andre pressed his lips against hers. He left them tingling when he stopped and cupped her chin with his fingertips.

"I'm fine meeting your folks. I'm sure everything will be fine," he assured. Jade's smile faded for a minute, but she looked him in his warm, brown eyes, and smiled at him again.

"Ok."