Chapter 7 - Neko Lucy Kick

I was having a very delicious dream where I was standing in a world made of food. There were burger mushrooms, a ketchup river, hotdog trees and the grass were made of fries. I was about to take a bite of a burger mushroom, that was in my hand, when suddenly I heard "Neko Lucy Kick!" and woke up to a kick to the face. I flew off the bed and heard Lucy quickly scream before I crashed to the floor. I groan as I sat up and noticed why Lucy screamed. When she 'Neko Lucy Kicked' me off the bed, our intertwined tails pulled her with me to the floor.

Lucy pulled her tail out of my tail's grip and to her chest with an angry expression on her face. She sighed as she stood up and dusted off her clothes. "What did I say about sneaking into my bed Natsu?" she asked while crossing her arms. "But your bed is so much comfier than the couch" I whined with a pouted. I wasn't going to tell her the truth that I just like sleeping in the same bed with her.

"Ahem if you two are done with your little moment. Can you explain what that scream was about?" Gray asked. We noticed we woke everyone up and they were all now kneeling beside us, staring at us. "I kicked Natsu because he snuck into my bed last night and then for some reason our tails were connected so that made me fall off the bed with him" Lucy explained. "Why were you in Lucy's bed Natsu? You know the rules" Erza asked. "I know but I like Lucy's bed" I complained.

"More like you like to sleep with Lucy fufu" Happy said and I glared at him. "Traitor" I said and then I noticed a slight pink colour on Lucy's cheeks. "Well since there's plenty of room, I guess it would alright for you to sleep on my bed until we turn back to normal" she said as she fiddled with her fingers. My face brightened up when I heard her say that. 'Yes! I can sleep with Lucy!' I thought with glee.

"Anyway, now that that's sorted, who is up for a job?" Erza asked and then stood up. "Is that a good idea Erza? I mean with Natsu and Lucy like this?" Wendy asked. "I don't see a problem with it. They both still have their magic plus new Neko Powers that they mentioned so they can defend themselves" Erza replied. "Hell yeah!" I cheered and threw my fist in the air as I jumped.

"Lets go to the guild right now and pick one out" Happy said and then put me on his head. I saw Gray put his hand down in front of Lucy for her to climb on. She stepped up onto his hand and he put her on his shoulder. For some reason, that makes me angry maybe it's because it's Ice Stripper. Anyway, we started heading to the guild. I was excited to find out what kind of job we will go on today.

When we arrived at the guild, we headed towards the request board. "How about this one?" Gray pointed to a job saying 'Get Rid of A Giant Earth Wolf' for 600,000 jewels. "My share would be enough to pay my rent plus food" Lucy said and then turned her head away. "If we don't have to pay for damages" she whispered. "What did you say Lucy?" I asked even though I heard her. "Nothing" she replied, acting innocent. It's fun to tease her sometimes. "I think this would be a good job to go on. Mira, we are taking the Giant Earth Wolf Hunting job" Erza said and heading towards the guild with us following. "Have fun" Mira replied and waved as she cleaned a glass.

After grabbing Erza's trailer of stuff from Lucy's apartment, we went to the train station. Where did she put all that? Anyway, we took a train to Onibus station and then walked, or in my case sitting on top of Happy's head, to a village called Timberguard. When we arrived, the entire village was buried in piles of dirt. "Ah, you must be Fairy Tail wizards" an old man crippled over to us. "Yes we are and may I ask who you are?" Wendy asked. "Oh, I'm the village elder, you can call me Mr Omen" he replied with a kind smile.

"So when did this problem start Mr Omen?" Erza asked. "Well it started about a week ago. The giant Earth Wolves migrate through the village around this time of year. We would get minor earthquakes when they tunnel underneath us but they never bothered us. For some reason, this Earth Wolf didn't migrate with the others. I hoped you Fairy Tail wizards would find a way to help" Mr Omen said. "We will find out how to move this Earth Wolf along. Do you know where the Earth Wolf's pack migrated?" Erza asked. "They migrate to a field on the other side of that mountain in 'Moonstone Meadow'" Mr Omen replied. "Thank you for your help. We will deal with this mess" she replied. Mr Omen left to wherever the villagers were temporarily staying.

Suddenly we heard a howl that came from underground. A few metres away, a hole opened up and a greenish grey wolf crawled out of it, which was three times the size of a normal wolf. He growled and bared his teeth at us. "Why did it have to be a dog" Happy mumbled upset. "Happy you know a wolf is the same as a dog so why didn't you say anything before?" I asked. "Because I forgot!" he shouted back before hiding behind Gray. I jumped onto Gray's shoulder beside Lucy and punched my fist into my palm. "I'm all fired up!" I cheered. Now I have a chance to try out our new Neko powers.