Chapter 3 - Escape Plan

The next day, we were hidden under the blanket near the cell door waiting for the buff man to come with our breakfast. This was all part of Lucy's escape plan. This is why she's the smart one, oh shhh here he comes. We heard the buff man walked up to our cell and open the door with a long squeak. "They must still be asleep" we heard him mutter, probably because he could see our bodies lumped underneath the blanket. "Now!" Lucy said and then we both threw the blanket off of us and ran out of the cell.

"Damn it, Boss they've escaped!" the buff man shouted as he chased us out of the dark room. We made it to one of the mansion's long hallways and ran down it a few metres before the buff man grabbed me by my body. "Natsu!" Lucy exclaimed as he lifted me up. Without hesitation, I bit his hand with my sharp neko fangs. He shouted in pain before throwing me at the wall. I whimpered in pain as I fell to the ground. I looked up to check if Lucy was safe but she was frozen on the spot.

She stared at me with a shocked expression on her face. I noticed her eyes glow a golden colour as her expression turned angry. She turned towards the buff man as he reached towards her. "Lucy run!" I shouted while trying to stand up. Just before he grabbed her, Lucy chanted "Neko Roar!" and a roar of rainbow stardust blew out of her mouth blowing the buff man all the way down the hallway.

She was as shocked as I was with the roar she just made and her eyes turned back to their chocolate brown hue. "Lucy that was amazing!" I cheered as I stood up and ran to her. I was still in a bit of pain but I ignored it because I was so amazed. "I don't know how I did it but when I saw you hurt something snapped inside of me" she explained looking at her hands. "There they are!" one of the five lackeys shouted from down the hall and then ran towards us. "Do you think you can do it again?" I asked her, "I can try" she said and turned towards the wall.

"Ah Lucy? The bad men are that way" I said while pointing at the five huge men charging towards us. Her eyes began to glow golden again. "I know. Neko Roar!" she chanted making a hole in the wall to the outside. 'Woah, did I really see Lucy purposely destroy a wall? Neko Lucy is awesome!' I thought in excitement because she usually complains when I destroy something. I noticed the debris of the wall had knocked the five lackeys out. "Come on" Lucy said as she jumped through the hole. I followed after her and pointed towards the forest. "We can hide in the forest" I said and then we ran into the forest. We ran for a few metres before hiding inside a bush.

"Find them!" we heard Zan shout in the distance. "We need to keep moving" I whispered and then noticed Lucy on her knees panting hard. "Are you ok?" I asked worriedly as I kneeled beside her. "Yeah I'll be alright. The neko roar must take a lot of energy" she replied breathing heavily. I didn't realise how much strain this new power takes. "Fan out, they shouldn't have gone far" I heard Zan ordered which sounded closer this time.

They were closing in on us and Lucy is too tired to run any further. "Can't be helped" I muttered but Lucy heard. "What do you mean-ah!" she exclaimed as quietly as she could as I picked her up bridal style. With her in my arms, I ran from tree to tree so we weren't in plain sight. I heard their footsteps gaining on us and I knew we had to hide somewhere fast. Luckily, I spotted a small hole underneath the roots of a tree where we could hide. I quickly slipped us inside the hiding spot and held Lucy close to me to make us as small as possible. "Sh" I said and Lucy covered her mouth with both her hands. She squeaked a little when a boot came into view outside the hole. "I don't see them. I think they're long gone Boss" we heard the lackey who the boot belongs to say. "Argh, I've never lost a neko before and the client is almost here. I'll have to break the news to him. Everyone back to the mansion!" we heard Zan call out to his lackeys.

Once their footsteps were faint in the distance, I turned to Lucy and whispered "stay here" before quietly peeking out of the hole. The coast was clear and their scent was fading which meant they had gone. "It's clear" I said as I crawled out of the hole and then gave Lucy a helping hand. "We better keep moving" she said and we walked side by side further into the forest.