Chapter 1 - Super Secret Mission

"Natsu! Stop stealing my food!" Lucy complained after I took another chicken wing off her plate. "But Lucy your food tastes better" I whined. "We both have the same food" she replied, unimpressed. I gave her chuckle with a smile since she was right. "Natsu, Lucy, come here" Gramps called us from the bar counter. 'I wonder what Gramps wants? Oh no, I hope he didn't find out the prank Happy and I hid in his office! Wait then why would he call Lucy over too? Maybe he doesn't know yet, phew' I thought while walking over to Gramps with Lucy.

"What is it Gramps?" I asked. "You and Lucy have been requested for a job" he replied and then handed the request over to Lucy. I looked over Lucy's shoulder to read the request. 'Super secret mission. More details on arrival' was written on it with the client's address at the bottom. "I wonder what super secret job we have to do?" Lucy said as she looked over her shoulder at me. I shrugged, "maybe we have to be nin-ja" I said wrapping my scarf around my head like a ninja. Lucy playfully rolled her eyes.

"Can I come?" Happy asked as he flew up to us. "Of course buddy. It'll be like old times with just the three of us" I replied and wrapped my scarf back around my neck. "Aye!" he cheered, "well if you will excuse me. I have some more paperwork to fill out" Gramps said before jumping off the bar counter and walking towards his office. "We'll see you when we get back Master" Lucy said and then turned to me. "We better start heading out. It's going to be a long trip" she said walked towards the guild doors.

Happy and I followed after her but froze when we heard Gramps shout "AH! WHO PUT THIS PAINT SPLATTERING LACRIMA IN MY OFFICE!" Without hesitation, we ran towards the guild doors. "Natsu-AH!" Lucy exclaimed as I grabbed her wrist and dragged her along with us. We didn't stop running until we reached the train station.

When we walked inside the train station, Lucy smacked me on the back of the head. "Ow Lucy, that hurt" I whined. "Why did you put that paint splattering lacrima in Master's office?" she scolded with her hands on her waist. "It was a harmless prank" I replied, "yeah Lucy" Happy said backing me up. "Well you better expect Master to make you clean his office when we get back" she said and I pouted. "Anyway, you two wait here while I get our tickets" she said and then headed to the ticket booth.

After the dreaded train ride to Oshibana Station, we walked North to a small town called Dakunaito. We headed towards the huge mansion at the top of the hill on the far side of town where our client is. As we were walking through the town, I noticed there were a lot more men in this town and they would take glances at us. I didn't think anything of it because they were probably looking at Lucy. They better not try to flirt with her, she's my best friend.

When we arrived at the mansion gates, Lucy introduced us to the guards. "Hi, we're from Fairy Tail. I'm Lucy and these are my partners Natsu and Happy" she greeted. Both guards didn't say a word as one of them pulled a communication lacrima out of his pocket. "Boss, Lucy Heartfilia and Natsu Dragneel have arrived but they've brought a blue exceed" he said to the lacrima. "Sent them in" the boss replied and then the guards opened the gate.

We walked up to the front door where we were greeted by a butler. "This way Mr Dragneel and Ms Heartfilia" he said and led us through the mansion. "I like the sound of Mr Dragneel" I said proudly to Happy and Lucy rolled her eyes. The butler took us to a lounge room. The whole room was black from top to bottom. The walls were black and the flooring was black marble. There was a black L-shaped couch in front of a black two-seat couch with a dark wooden coffee table in between on top of a furry black rug. Above the couches on the ceiling hung a black chandelier.

"Interesting colour choice" I whispered sarcastically to Happy. "Aye" Happy whispered back. "You guys behave yourselves!" Lucy whispered as she looked at us with a glare. "Sorry Lucy..." Happy and I whispered back. "Please take a seat. I'll go get you some drinks" the butler said and then left the room. The three of us walked over and sat down on the L-shaped couch. We sat in the order of Happy, Lucy and then me. It wasn't long until the butler came back with three glasses of water. "Mr Locket will be with you in a moment" he said before leaving us in the room again. Since it had been a long walk to get here we all took a sip of the water.

Soon the doors open and a man around our age in a black suit walked in. He had slick black hair and electric blue eyes. "Thank you for coming, Mr Dragneel and Ms Heartfilia" he greeted and then sat on the couch opposite us. "Please call us by our first names Mr Locket" Lucy greeted back. "Then you can call me Zan" Mr Locket replied. "So what's the super secret mission you wanted to discuss?" Lucy asked.

"Well, what I need you to do is-" Zan started to say when suddenly Happy fell asleep. "I don't feel well" Lucy said as she clutched her head and then suddenly I felt dizzy. I felt a headache coming on as Lucy fell asleep. "Happy! Lucy! Argh..." I exclaimed while clutching my head in pain. I saw Zan had a smirk on his face and I knew he had done something to us. "What the hell...did...you...do...to...us" I shouted and stood up but collapsed when I felt a wave of tiredness. I couldn't keep myself awake any longer and then darkness took over me.