Part 8

I slowly woke up to a soft rise and fall under my head and the rhythmic beating of a heart. My face went red and I smiled to myself. I suppose I had fallen asleep, and he had too, leaving us in this position. I was of course nervous of what he would think, and of course I was flustered. My face was red and my chest was tight, and the smell of his cologne was all I could smell, but I loved it.

I slowly opened my eyes to be greeted my the sweet and beautiful sunrise. Goodness, how long have I been sleeping? I smiled to my self, thinking of the whole situation as I felt his steady breathing on the top of my head. Maybe he did like me like I liked him. It was certainly a possibility at this point.

I feel him begin to stir and out of panic, I pretend to be asleep again. He takes one of his hands from my upper back and rubs his eyes. I feel his heart rate pick up slightly before it slows down back to normal. I hear him sigh and I had to will myself not to smile. A few moments later I feel him playing with my hair. Oookay- okay- we gotta get up now. I take a deep breath and pick up my head, looking up at him. Our faces were only a few inches apart, making blood rush to my face.

"Well good morning." He says with a chuckle. The sunrise looked good on him. It made him look even cuter than usual.

"Good morning. I'm sorry for falling asleep on you." I say with a small chuckle. I look away from him out of embarrassment and smile.

"You're fine. You're a good blanket with how warm you are, ya know." He says in a matter of fact tone. I sit up and get off of him, being careful to try not to hurt him as I did. He gives me a slightly disappointed look to which I offer a soft smile. He gives me a soft smile back.

"So how are you feeling? Better than yesterday?" He asks. I take a deep breath. Everything still ached slightly and my skin still burned slightly, but it was better.

"Its a bit better than it was yesterday." I say as my smile leave a slightly. He gives me a pitiful look.

"I could stay around longer if you wanted. I don't have anything to do. Only if you want me to though, I don't want to intrude." He says cautiously. "Besides, I needed to talk with you about something anyway." I give him a confused look, but tell him that I would like him to stay for a little while longer.

"I don't usually eat breakfast, but there are things in my kitchen if you want to eat something." I say with a slight sigh. He shakes his head.

"I'm alright." He melts onto my shoulder and sighs. "There is something we need to talk about."

My heart starts racing and I feel anxiety rushing into me. I look to him with slight fear.

"About what?" I ask. My heart was basically pounding out of my chest. He hesitates and bites his lip, and I can see a blush spread across his face.

"I've been thinking a lot about some things and I wanted to ask you.. Well... How you feel about me?" He asks, a blush spreading even further across his face. I feel myself panic.

"I- well, we are good friends, aren't we?" I ask nervously. He humms.

"Is that all you feel?" He asks with a disappointed tone. His voice dropped and he sounded sad. I hesitate before taking a deep breath.

"Well- I- yes?" I say. I let out a sigh. "No. No it's not." My face reddens and my heart rate becomes faster than it had ever been in the past. He looks up to me.

"Then... What do you feel?" He says while his eyes darted from myself to the room and back again.

"I'm- I-" I sigh as I blush. "Well, I guess it's time I tell you anyway. I know it might sound weird, but please don't hate me for it." I say quikly, trying my best to not let my nerves get the best of me. He looks to me with a sort of surprised face.

"Look, I've thought about it a lot and I just- I feel like I want to be more than just friends, Elliott." I say shakily. I clasp my hands and feel myself shake. I had never been so afraid in my life. Saying this was absolutely terrifying, to the point where I thought I might collapse and cry.

Where I was expecting rejection and a slap, I certainly didn't get it. I felt a soft pair of lips against my cheek along with the prickly stubble that he always had. My face heated up to the point to where I though I was burning. He pulled away from me and I saw that he too had a red face. I was certainly surprised, to say the least.

"I- I feel the same." He says softly. I look to him and let out a sigh of relief.

"You're being serious?" I ask quietly. He nods. My heart stops and I smile widely. All that worrying I had done, all for nothing, but it all seemed funny now. He turns to me with an embarrassed smile.

"What now?" He asks. I shrug. He's asking the virgin who has never been in a relationship what to do next? Nice joke. We looked into eachother's eyes with smiles and I could feel us getting closer, but I didn't stop us. I didn't want to stop it. He glances to my lips quickly and bites his for a second before looking back up to my eyes. I glance to his lips quickly before looking back to his eyes. He tilts his head slightly to the side as I close my eyes. I feel him only centimeters away from my face and I hesitate before pressing my lips into his.

A few moments later he pulls away and I open my eyes, blushing madly. His face wore the same red coating as mine as we looked away from each other. I look back to him as thoughts raced through my head. He looks to me with a flustered smile and I give him the same.

"Would you like to..." He begins, trailing off towards the end.

"Yeah, I would." I say shyly. I couldn't believe this. After everything, I was finally getting the date that I wanted.

"Is tonight at around nine good for you?" He asks. I nod, no longer being able to talk. This was like a dream come true. I'm so happy.