Part 2

Enemies, directly ahead.

My head snaps to their possition and I ping them.

"Last two squads are fighting. Would you wish to third party?" I ask, looking to Elliott.

"Hah, you know it! Third party is my middle name! Elliott Third-Party Witt!" He says. I smile under my last and bite my lip. I'm glad to see him happy.

"Well then felagi fighters, it seems as if the majority wishes to push." I say. Ajay groans as we begin running towards the fight. Given that the circle is quite small, we arrive fairly quickly to see that Tae is holding Renee and Alexander off at the same time, but they were gaining ground quickly.

"I would advise attacking the larger squad first. They pose as a larger threat." I say, pointing them out.

"Alright, you two get Renee, I'll handle Alexander." Lifeline says. We aim down sights and fire at their open backs, catching them completely off guard. Soon enough, we had them downed and eliminated.

"Looks like its just us and Tae. We can just wait it out for now. He is gonna have to push us." Elliott says while backing into the ring.

"Agreed."

As we wait for the ring to close in around us, I hear Tae's drone flyimg nearby. I close my eyes and concentrate my hearing, holding out my gun, trying to locate the scource of the noise.

Found it. I shot and heard the drone fall to the ground, no longer usable. Nearby I hear a muffled curse. Reopening my eyes, I activate my ultimate ability.

"Allfather, give me sight!" I shout, feeling the allfather flow into my soul. My vision rids of most colors other than red and grey, giving me the ultimate advantage.

As I run to where I heard him before, Elliott follows closely behind me.

"Hey, remember, its my turn to do the last finisher if he has the golden knockdown!" He calls after me.

I chuckle.

"Oh of course." I say to him, slightly turning back.

As I feel myself drawing near to his location, I scan, and his presence is revealed.

He jumps out of hinding and attempts to kill me, but to his failure. He drops to the ground, clutching his stomach.

"Shit." I hear him mumble.

Elliott catches up to me and pats my shoulder.

"Wasnt that large of a challange for you, now was it, hound?" He says with a chuckle.

My heart soars and I now at the compliment.

Elliott walks up to him and looks down on Tae.

"Its a shame we aren't on the same squad. Maybe next time." He winks as he presses a gun against Tae's head and fired. All previous joy had left me and was filled by another feeling that I really didnt enjoy.

I had nothing againsed Tae. In fact, I was glad to have him arround. But now, I felt like I wanted to kill him. Not just in the games either. I felt frustrated, sad and angry all at the same time, and to top it off, I'm confused as to why! What was going on with me!? My heart sank and I felt myself sadden.

"You alright hound? You seem upset again." Elliott says.

"I... Well... Im fine felagi fighter." I say, trying to debate whether or not to tell him.

Before I could continue, I became light headed. The match was over, the mind teathering was wearing off. We woukd be sent back to out really bodies.

I let out a feel breath and felt myself collapse before my mind was again in my own body. Finding myself back in the privacy of my back room in the Apex Headquarters, I sit up and begin removing the wires from myself with the help of a doctor. I was put in a seporate room so that I could keep my identity hidden.

As I stodyself up, i grabed my nearby suit. As I pulled my mask over my face, I headed out of the room I was in, only to be greeted by both Elliott and Ajay.

"Alright, listen here, bucko." Elliott says with a fake scowl. Ajay nudges my arm and smiles.

"We're going to the bar and your telling us whats bothering you. You've got no choice." Ajay says, latching on to one of my arms as Elliott grabbed my other one.

My heart beats through my chest and I begin panicking.

"I- I should probably get home. I mean, A-Artur will be expecting-"

"Im sure Artur will be fine." Elliott says. "You can even tell us seperatly if you want."

"I- I think that would be better." I say, my voice still filled with panic. I really didnt wanna tell Elliott about it. Maybe if I play my cards right with Ajay, I wont have to.

"Alright, now we're getting somewhere." Elliott says as he smiles. Through all the panic, my chest still tightens as he smiles at me. What is wrong with me?

As they drag me to the bar, neither of them let go of me, making sure I wouldnt escape. Where Elliott was holding on to my arm tingled, and it left a weird sensation going through my entire arm. I but down on my lip and tried to focus on anything other than his touch.

As we neared the bar, I looked for any escape routes, and sensing my fear, they both held my arms tighter.

"Your not getting away that easily." Ajay says with a smirk. I take a feel breath as we walk inside. The bar was quite empty for a Saturday night, as only a few people were littered arround. They took me to a booth and sat me down.

"Okay, I'm gonna talk to him first. You go get us all done drinks, Elliott." Ajay says. I let out a silent sigh of releif.

"What? No fair!" He pouts. Ajay gives him a pleading look and he just sighs and turns around.

"Hey. So, you have been upset. Tell me why, dont hold anything back. I wanna help ya." She says.

I look from one side to the other, making sure nobody was arround to listen to us talk.

Fortunatly nobody was.

"I-" I take a deep breath. "I think its Elliott."

"What do you mean? Is he annoying you?" She asks.

"No. Not at all. I just... I dont know how to explain it." I bite the front of my lip as I prepare myself to say everything.

She sits there, just listening.

"I... Well... Whenever I am arround him, my chest tightens and my heart pounds. I dont even understand why! And whenever he flirts with anyone else, even as a joke, I just get really upset. I feel this weird anger and hate for them in the moment that I cant explain. What is happening? He is my best friend! I hate feeling like this all the time!"

Her face turns to one of shock and then it turns to joy.

"What is it like when he compliments or touches you? How do you feel then?" She asks while smirking.

"I... Well- it feels great? The feelings in my chest happen every time. And when he touches me, wherever he touched timgles and I get a weird sensation through me- wait, im not allergic to him, am I?" I say with horror. Oh cruel gods, if I was allergic to him I was going to cry.

Lifeline laughs.

"No, your not allergic to him, you dumbass." She puts on the largest smile I had ever seen.

"You love him!" She says.

"Well, of course I love him, he is my be-"

"No, not like that! I mean you LOVE love him." She says while chuckling.

My eyes widen in realization and shock fills my body.

"I... Love him?" I ask. My chest tightens. How... How could I possibly love him? He is my Best friend! We are partners in crime!

"Yeah, those are all symptems of someone who is lovestruck." She says matter-of-factly.

My heart nearly stops.

I really did. I was in love with my best friend.