[ Breathing Underwater ]

NOTE:

This story will be removed the moment I finish it's prequel (S's & Ex's). And then I'm going to rewrite this <3

See description for link.

[Breathing Underwater]

I was probably assuming the wrong things (but really,let's be honest here, when am I ever wrong?), but I knew that if I chickened out now, I'd beat myself with this decision afterwards. Because in the end, we only look back and wonder about the chances we didn't take and the relationships we were too scared to have. I already regretted prolonging on this decision, and now that I've made up my mind, I couldn't back down now.

"What do you say, Ella?" I asked, offering a small smile in hopes that it would make her say yes. "Give me an answer to my problem?"

She didn't say anything, and the moment her face fell, I instantly wanted to take back my words. Her eyes were wide and her lips parted slightly as she started to breathe heavily. Suddenly she was falling forward and if I wasn't so close to her already, she would have fallen on the floor face first.

Mother eff, what was going on?

"Christ, Ella," I said suddenly, feeling slightly panicked, as I pulled her back on her feet.

I wasn't sure what was going on. This wasn't the result I was expecting at all. What I wanted to get out of this was more on the lines of her crying for joy and jumping in my arms as she cried out a "yes!" followed by a lot of making out, you know? Well, the jumping and crying wouldn't have to be there as long as the word yes was spoken and I'd get to kiss her.

Or just the kissing part is fine, 'cause wouldn't it mean that she accepted it by doing so?

Yeah, the kissing would do.

I mean, it wasn't as if I've been imagining what it was like to kiss for a while now. (Note the sarcasm). The first time I imagined it was when she tackled me that time I helped her carry the soccer balls in the storage and she freaked out about saying the word condom. Really, how immature could a person be?

It was her lips, really, that made me imagine it, to be honest. It wasn't pink or anything girly like that-in fact, it was a rather dull colour, and it was suffering a lot of choppiness. What I liked about her lips was that they were round, plump, and looked absolutely perfect with every bits of her...everything. The way her lips curved whenever she smiled at me like we were sharing deep, dark secrets, or the way she pouted everything I'd say something to tease her.

So, really, I've been dying to taste those lips of hers for quite a long time now, but of course, anything I wanted to do that connected with Ella, always back fired in my face.

For example: right now.

"Are you okay?"

"I think I heard Mia calling for me," she suddenly said, pulling away from my arms. As unmanly as it sounds, I think I felt my heart drop. She was trying to get away from me. Was this her most subtle was to reject a guy? Damn it, Ella really knew how to dent someone's ego.

Then, before I could say anything, all I could see was her back as she ran off towards the room and called out "Bye!"

I stood there, frozen, trying to comprehend what just happened. Or if it did happen at all. After the scene replayed approximately ten times in my mind (I might have seem like a total psychotic pedo just standing in the middle of the hallway, staring at a bunch of sleeping infants), Ella's awful rejection slowly processed in my brain.

Fuck.

What the hell was that about?

A simple 'no' would have been decent; there was no need to stomp on my heart along the way, too.