[09] Smooth like stone on a beach

NOTE:
This story will be removed the moment I finish it's prequel (S's & Ex's). And then I'm going to rewrite this <3
See description for link.

Definition: Slut
[09] Smooth like stone on a beach

_________________
PREVIOUSLY:
Damien and Jonathan miraculously convinced Ella to be the replacement manager for their team. Begrudgingly, she was committed to what she unwillingly signed up for. After the first practice on Sunday morning, Ella was helped by Oliver carrying a load of soccer-ball filled bags. They then argue pointlessly, and she ended up tackling him. Damien walked in on the two on the floor with Ella in a very unladylike position. He promised to not say a word about if afterwards in exchange for food.
_________________

I didn't know how much free time I had on my hands until I began managing the soccer team. Temporarily, of course. Their schedule was hectic and if I wasn't such an organized person, then I was sure that my head would explode by Thursday. I convinced Mia and Emily to join me with the managing, though it didn't really take that much of an argument to make them both go. However, I was doubtful that they would be very helpful, considering that Emily would probably be too busy gawking at Jonathan, and Mia would be too busy gawking at...well, the team.

Of course, I wasn't blind to the guys' appeal. They were pretty hot. I mean, hello, they played soccer and did a lot of rigorous training, which did give them a very nice body to flaunt during their practices. It was obvious why girls stayed to watch them practice, but I wasn't really into the idea of staring at them the whole time running around and kicking a ball.

It was all so very boring to me.

I mean, if I wanted to watch hot guys, I would much rather watch Dirty Dancing over and over and over again. Johnny definitely held some pretty nice arms. And who wouldn't want someone tall, dark, and handsome lift you over his head in a very beautifully choreographed dance routine?

Exactly.

Over the last few days, I became friends with a few people on the team. Mainly, the ones who were already friends with Emily, who was, in fact, the icebreaker of the awkward conversations. I really didn't have anything to talk to these guys a lot about, so when we did get some sort of similarity, the friendship (somewhat) blossomed.

"God, I would so love to have this job," Mia said as we watched the junior varsity soccer team do some drills on the field. The kids on the JV was slightly very snobbish, though that was probably because they were all freshmen (like me, so I wasn't really one to judge) and thought that now that they were somewhere new without parental supervision, they were allowed to act all high and mighty.

Or at least, it seemed like it was. Then again, it could be because they got into the team where a lot of other guys tried out and most didn't get in. It took me a bit to settle them all down, but I managed to get them doing what they were supposed to be doing after a while. And with some help from the older guys.

Damien decided that he was going to come to practice early-like, an hour and a half early-to help out with the JV's. He was a great help, and he managed to get most of them to listen to him. The other, thickheaded ones were harder to convince. Andrew Watson, the varsity's team captain, had stepped in and got the kids doing their laps and drills. Andrew and Damien were also shouting words of encouragement every so often to fuel up the guy's energies and enthusiasm.

It seemed like they knew everyone who was playing, while I, on the other hand, knew none of them.

I was a horrible manager.

I realized that it was a mistake that Coach had put me in charge, instead of Andrew. He was much more knowledgeable with the game and the procedures and he was able to bark out orders better than I was. I was glad that we became friends over the course of a few practices and friendly banters.