29. Internal Conflict

A/N: Not sure if Ima put her on tour with Trey anymore -.-

Jasmine.

I wasn't mad at August in any type of way, shape, or form, but I know I acted as if. I know he has the best interest for me, but I wanna find myself and see what life has to offer on my own. If everyone keeps handicapping me and making me stay on the "safe side" then how I will experience anything and learn from it? Maybe I wanna do bad things.

"Jas, you're zoning out. Did you hear anything I just said?"

I looked at August, completely confused because I didn't hear shit he just said.

"I take that as a no," He said, shaking his head.

"Repeat it then," I said.

"It was nothing. Nothing important," He said then began to play with his food.

I sighed, feeling a slight pinch of guilt. "No. Really. Anything you say is important to me," I said with a smile.

"Really," He asked, looking up at me.

I nodded with a chuckle.

"Okay. I was saying why I didn't want you on the tour with Trey. I don't have a good feeling about all of this. I want you to succeed and I want you to live life to the fullest but I know what they're capable. Not saying they'll rape you or anything," He chuckled, "but I just want you safe. This life moves pretty fast and it's overwhelming. You know with your high blood pressure, I don't want you to pass out again. I think it'll be safer for you to just stay where you're comfortable."

I sighed and took in everything he said. It had me thinking. Maybe I should just stay in my comfort zone...But then again I should get out of my comfort zone.

"Look, I'll think about it, but I really wanna do this. I think this could be a great opportunity for me, but if you don't agree, as my boss, then I guess I'll have no option, but to back out," I said, disappointedly.

"Just give it some thought and hit me back," August said then excused himself from the small table we sat at.

. . .

I rubbed my eyes as a hint of drowsiness came over me. We were heading to Dallas and I didn't want to be here. Yes, I know it's my hometown, but I have some horrible memories from out here and I'm not in the mood to deal with them. I just want to do my performance and get out of here.

"Jasmine," Bahja shouted, sitting onto the bunk across from me.

"Yes? And stop yelling. I'm right here," I chuckled.

"Okay, so, you know how I tune into the radio on my phone?"

"Yes," I said, sitting up, anxious to here what she has to say.

"So, Trey announced that you'll be touring with him," She exclaimed, tapping her feet on the floor.

I sighed and placed my hand on my forehead with my eyes shut. "About that, I'm having second thoughts on it," I said, honestly.

"What? Why? This is a great opportunity for you," She said with a slight frown.

"I know. But--"

"No buts. You're doing it. Here's some tips. One, if they offer you drugs or anything like that, say no and walk away. Don't stand around because they'll keep offering and you'll eventually say yes. Two, if Trey or any of them tries to sleep with you or anything, automatically call August and let him know so he can handle it. Three, keep away from any life threatening situations. Four, have fun," She exclaimed the last sentence.

"Okay. Thanks, ladybug. I'll keep all of this in mind," I said with a smile.

"But for real, girl, what got you wantin' to back out," She asked with her hands on her hips.

"August. He feels like something bad is going to happen. He's worried about my health and he's worried about what Trey and Chris and Tyga will do to me, but I think I'll be fine if I think smart."

"Yeah. But not at all times will you be safe. I understand what he's saying because Tyga likes them young. What if you go to a party or the club and somebody slips something into your drink while you're not looking? What you gon do then?" She paused and waited for my answer. "Exactly. Maybe Aug is right," She trailed.

"I know. I think Ima just go to get this experience and if I don't like it then maybe I should return home to y'all," I said.

"Yes. Sounds ten times better." She smiled and high fived me.

I leaned back on the bunk bed and rested my hands behind my head while staring at the ceiling. I really want to do that tour, but everything is just so negative about it. My career could get amazing key points if it turns out successful, but what if it doesn't turn out successful? What will I do then? I can't back out now since he's told the whole world. What am I going to do?

____________________________

Short. Sorry, but a longer one might come this weekend. I'm honestly trying to stretch this book out as much as I can. So just bare with me, please.