14. New Beginnings (Part One)

August.

I watched her sleep peacefully on the hospital bed as the heart monitor continued to beep slowly. Her chest rose up and down, indicating she was still breathing. I ran my fingers down my face while blowing out a big breath of air. The doctors say her blood pressure was extremely high and she hadn't been taking her medicine, let alone had she been eating. Honestly, I didn't even know she had high blood pressure to begin with. He also said if she goes under anymore stress then she'll most likely have a stroke. Her body began to move slightly before she opened her eyes. Ooo. She about to get it.

"Why you didn't tell me you had high blood pressure? And why the fuck you ain't been taking your medicine? Hm," I asked sternly.

"What," She acted confused.

"They said your blood pressure was high and you hadn't been taking your medicine. In what? Over a month," I scolded.

She sighed. "I don't like it and my blood pressure is normally fine when I check it,"

"Wow. Just wow. Couldn't inform nobody tho," I frowned with my arms crossed. "You fainted during the show and I had to cancel the last four because I only have four liable dancers yet the doctor wants us all to catch some rest," I ranted.

"Calm down. And I did tell you that I had high blood pressure. It was on my form when I auditioned," She explained.

"Nah. I woulda saw that," I shook my head.

She nodded before rolling over on her side, facing the television and away from me. I didn't even bother to get her attention. I ran my fingers through my now short hair before twisting it around my fingers.

After being in here with her and tryna make sure she's okay, I realized that I need to cherish her more. My undefined feelings for her unveiled once I noticed that she could be taken from me in the blink of an eye. I can admit that I'm falling for her and I'm in too deep to quit her.

"You scared you'll lose me," She looked at me.

I shrugged with a sigh. "I don't know. You breathing now."

She laughed. "I'm guessing yes, but," She stopped.

"But what," I stood from my chair and walked to her bedside.

"What are we going to do about Aaliyah's replacement," She asked.

I placed my hand in her small one before intertwining my fingers with hers. I leaned downward and pecked the side of her forehead then kissed in front of her ear before whispering into it.

"I already know what you're thinking, but you won't have to worry about any of that happening again. Okay," I looked into her eyes.

"Okay," She smiled.

One Week Later.

I held onto Jasmine's lower waist as she attempted to push herself up on the balls of her feet to reach my lips. Normally I would lean down or pick her up, but watching her struggle is really funny.

"Stop laughing," She pouted while smacking my chest.

"Sorry," I snickered, attempting to hold in my laughter.

She rolled her eyes before wrapping her arms around my neck and leaping onto me causing us both to stumble on my carpet floor in laughter. She laid her head on my shoulder, stiffling her laugh.

"I'm moving here. To Atlanta," She smiled.

"Wait," I chuckled in disbelief, " when,"

"Soon," She giggled.

"Since you moving down here," I sat up and placed my hands under her butt. "Clear ya' self a spot in my closet."

Step Two.

She gasped in disbelief of what she had just heard.

"Are you serious," She cooed.

"As serious as serious can get," I answered with a smile.

"So, what are we then," She gazed into my face.

"A brand new couple," I pecked her lips twice, finishing off my answer.

She smiled, making her dimples appear, before grabbing both sides of my face and pulling it towards her. The bridge of our noses brushed against each other with our lips nearly touching when my phone buzzed in my pocket causing us both to jump.

"Damn," I muttered.

I fished it out of my pocket then read the unnecessary text.

'Auditions tomorrow at seven a.m'

"See you tomorrow, boss," She chuckled then climbed out of my lap to leave.

I frowned then grabbed her hand and pulled her back toward me.

"Um, where my kiss at that you owe me from five --"

She interrupted me by abruptly planting her lips on mine.
__________________________________

A/N: I am sooooo sorry for the wait and this shortness, but I wanted to give you an update :( School is tough lol jk I have one bad grade and my mama punish me ~_~ I was able to bring my phone to school for a project and yeah. Sorry for any mistakes but I love you guys. It might not be entered or spacings in certain places ;-;

Comment and Vote.