12. You Owe Me

Jasmine.

I sat on the window couch of the hotel room with my knees pulled into my chest and my head resting against the window, watching the rain trickle down the glass. I haven't went home yet because I'm waiting for him to walk through that door and offer me my job back. Or at least listen to my side of the story, but Shay informed me that was what he claimed he was going to do.

"Jas, you still moping," I heard Donovan sigh behind me.

"I'm not moping. Just thinking," I defended myself.

"Nah. Ya moping. It's always other options. Since you like dancing so much, become a stripper. You'll probably make alot more money," He chuckled.

"Hell no. I'm telling you, he's going to give me my job back. I know he is," He turned to look at him.

"Go down to him then. I guarantee it'll show how much you want ya job back," He suggested.

"Thank you, but-,"

"Ah. Shut that shit up. Get dressed, go shower, or something. August ain't gon want you looking like that," He laughed.

I gasped then threw my house slipper at him before standing up and walking toward my suitcase.

~~~

I tugged on the black tight dress that Donovan picked out for me. The white blazer covered my cleavage that he just had to make me reveal. My feet were being squeezed by the tight red bottoms that Donovan just so happened to have in his suitcase. I swear he's weird.

"August," I knocked on the studio door before entering.

His eyes darted up from the soundboard along with others. I was not expecting all of these men to be in here, so I felt highly uncomfortable. I rubbed my arm while looking at him as he instructed the men to leave.

"Um, I came to talk to you, but if I-,"

"Sit," He waved toward the chair next to him.

My mind kept telling me to turn around and just forget all about this, but my body did the complete opposite. I found myself sitting right beside him with my legs crossed and my body leaned over on the arm rest, being held up by my forearm. His eyes scanned my attire through the clear glasses that guarded his eyes.

"You wanted to talk," He turned his attention to the computer.

"Yeah. It's about my place on the dance tea-,"

"Your spot is always there," He stated. "I thought you were coming to talk about the personal shit that's been happening, but I see you for real about keeping it strictly business," He shook his head.

I sat back into my seat with my tongue in my cheek. I should've known this was going to happen.

"August," I started with a sigh. "For you to not want this to be a relationship, you really do look forward to us making up,"

He chuckled while rubbing his chin. "When you put it like that, I guess you could say I'm feelin you more than I'm saying, yeah,"

"Yeah? Yeah. You know you are," I twisted the chair around so I could face him. "Be real with me, August. I don't like that playing around and beating around the bush," I stared into his face as he removed the glasses.

"Be real? I can't just lay all my shit out on the table right now. Actions speak louder than words," He smirked.

I smiled while nodding my head. He sat straight up in his chair before pulling it closer to me causing our knees to touch. A smile spread across his plump lips before planting them onto mine. I grabbed the back of his head and moved my lips between his as he clenched onto my blazer, pulling me into him. I crawled into his lap before pulling away from his lips and looking into his small, brown eyes.

"I didn't come down here to do this, but I'm kind of glad I did," I smiled.

"I'm glad you did, too. Honestly, I just was scared of you not liking me back because if looks could kill, I would be six feet under," He looked at me while laughing.

I laughed. "Whatever. I thought you didn't like me,"

"I liked ya alright," He ran his tongue over his top lip sexually.

I laid my head on his chest while laughing. I could feel my dress rising from the position I was sitting in so I swung both of my legs onto the side of the chair.

"I liked the other way you were sitting," He chuckled.

"Hm. I bet you did," I laughed.

"I can't help it," He shrugged.

"Well, I need to get back to my room-,"

"Stay in my room tonight," He suggested, but it sounded more like a demand.

"Why," I chuckled.

"Cause I want you to," He smiled before pecking my lips.

I blushed lightly. "Nah. No need for temptation," I poked his chest.

He nodded. "Alright. I understand,"

~~~

The brown envelope stared up at me as I squatted down to pick it up. I swiped my key and entered my room, anxious to get it open. I ripped the paper open and pulled out a stack of pictures. I dropped the envelope and held the pictures in my hand. All were of August and I. The papers began to shake in my hand as nervosa struck my body before they fell out of my hand and scattered all over the floor.

"Fuck," I exclaimed while running my fingers through my hair.

As I looked at the wooden floor which was now covered in pictures, I noticed a note. I picked it up and read it:

"These could've gotten into the wrong hands, but I saved you. Now you owe me,- Nicole,"

What the fuck?

____________________________

A/N: Short. Sorry. Homecoming dance tonight that I'm not attending because I wanna see Usher :( S I G H. ANYWAY, Updates will be every weekend for real because- Long stort short, I'm not starting high school off too well. Already have two C's in law and geometry. That law teacher is a bitch tho ~_~ S I G H

Comment.

August finally came out for why he was mean to Jasmine, he didn't think she'd like him back :( Do y'all believe him?

What was up with that message?

What does she mean by those pictures could have gotten into the wrong hands?

Nicole will be in and out of the book now.

Comment.